• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Val155

Hi guys. I have a 760 and was wondering what is a free and safe cpu and Gpu temp monitoring program? I'm playing a game and I get random crashes and am wondering if it is my Gpu temp. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What is the normal temp range for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 760? Mine hovers between 38-43C.

Depending on the game, 79 °C isn't bad and shouldn't cause the card to crash. Be more specific about the crash that's happening. Blue screen? NVIDIA driver stops responding? Both?

Sometimes i'll go to a black screen, but I can hear the game in the background. I can't alt tab back to the desktop. Other times, my monitor will go to sleep, but the game still runs.

Provide us a list of all your system specs please and try a clean install of the latest drivers.

Try setting all fans to full speed. The GPU temperature reading only checks the core temperature, not the VRMs or RAM. 79C is on the high side. Another gotcha is that if you have "smart" fans, the motherboard fan controller will not know the GPU temperature and therefore will not know to ramp up on high GPU load. (I implemented a workaround on my machine by raising the minimum fan speed if the PSU load is significantly more than idle.)

Back