• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus X99-E WS, how should i understand the PCI-E lanes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
More solid... 'dat buttdyno... making decisions.

It may not have the holes for the board to mount on. That said, it would simply require tapping into the mobo tray and making them but...

EDIT: That said... and more googling for you, tells me that CEB has the same ATX mounting holes so you should be ok.

i cleaned up the icons on my desktop i now run CAD like a boss.. atleast it feels like it.

Say what you want, its a feeling i've been missing from the X58. But i do understand that im paying a lot to get almost nowhere.

But i do understand that im paying a lot to get almost nowhere.

I have to say we are used to that. Wish I had your bankroll to upgrade based on subjective feelings! :)

Is there a review of this board coming on here by any chance?

I was reading the manual, and left with more questions than anything.. 2x 8pin CPU + a 6pin, but it didnt explain why or what the extra's were for.. Then there was a bunch of 3 letter things, that made no sense to me. This board doesnt seem as straight forward is the ROG i've gotten use to.

You only need one 8 pin (the manual specifies this I believe?).

And no idea on 'a bunch of 3 letter things' without listing those '3 letter things'.

6-pin will be supplemental PCIe power.
You won't need the second 8-pin unless you're going cold.

You only need one 8 pin (the manual specifies this I believe?).

And no idea on 'a bunch of 3 letter things' without listing those '3 letter things'.

Apparently this board is going back to the stone ages with switches for everything, reminds me of overclocking via jumpers and switches... But...

TPU - Auto adjust of CPU ratio apparently, but why a switch? Why not Bios?
EPU - Detects PC loadings and moderate power. I understand the words, but not sure i understand what it really does, and why it wouldn't do it on its own, or just be a bios setting?
EZ XMP - Now i need a switch do OC my ram? Once more, why not a bios setting?

Turns out the rest, are LED's for the above mentioned.

I presume i would need to use the 6pin for more power running 3x GPU's.. If i do get this motherboad.

Back