• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Solved] Malwarebytes Needs Administrator for Update?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, from the desktop shortcut icon and directly from he .exe. Same message.

Try downloading the latest version and installing on top of the old instead doing it through the program itself.

I always uninstall Malwarebytes free after I use it, then install a new download when I think I need it. I like it because it can be installed & run in safe mode. Also if you get hit by something nasty enough, Malwarebytes and your antivirus might be broken anyway if they are already installed.

Try downloading the latest version and installing on top of the old instead doing it through the program itself.

This worked, thank you LV. I just couldn't see the obvious............. :(

I always uninstall Malwarebytes free after I use it, then install a new download when I think I need it. I like it because it can be installed & run in safe mode. Also if you get hit by something nasty enough, Malwarebytes and your antivirus might be broken anyway if they are already installed.

I was about to do this then download the new version and install. It would have worked too, thank you.

Back