• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking into buying my own cable modem. Which of these is best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

96s10

Trying to decide between the:

Zoom 5352-00-03

and

Netgear C3700-100NAS

Any help making my decision would be greatly appreciated!

I like the netgear specs. 2.4GHz and 5GHz

I had to manually shift my router to channel 12 because theres so much 2.4GHz around me with phones and neighbours routers and devices.
If you can utilise 5GHz then your better set up for signals not dipping out from competing devices.

Not sure about connecting devices compatibility with 5GHz though :shrug:

what cable provider??? lol should of looked at who posted lmao I recall your with TWC look at the Motorola also just an FYI TWC is going mass market in most areas soon. Not sure about your neck of the woods. See if any modems list AWG 2.0 standard and deffo want to make sure you get a 3.0 modem versus a 2.0. 2.0 is limited to 20x2 under our system and 3.0 100x5 whist 3.0 with AWG 2.0 will go to the moon and back according to the intel us field tech have been handed down. When we go mass market top will be 300 at first with higher speeds coming available later. Also analog will cease to work as analog can not exist in a mass market setting. In San Antonio were rolling it out (again according to intel handed down) come feb march next year.

Last edited:
Cox ultimate 150/20.

*I'm stationed in Kansas now. No more TWC for me.*

Last edited:
Back