• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta won't do any work.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devlos

I have Rosetta running on a couple computers. The problem is that only one ever does anything. The other one just shows the BIONIC screen saver and says something like "no tasks running" I forget the exact wording ( I'll make a note next time I see it).

I have reset the project, updated it and even uninstalled and re-installed BIONIC. I leave the computer all day and when I get back it's just sitting there.

I would for it to work right.

Thanks

Is it safe to assume the computer in question is connected to the internet so that Rosie can download WU's and upload results?
Honestly it should just work - same as the other machine - crunching under your username and adding to your RAC.
Maybe someone who crunches with more than one machine can chime in, whether they have seen this issue or not.

The machine in question has a wired internet connection.

I'm changing it to a "work" computer so I can change the hard drive space it uses because I only have 100GB hdd and "computing preferences for home" was set at 150Gb because my other computer has a bigger hard drive.

*EDIT*
It worked. I set the computer as a work computer so I could change the preferences separate from the other.

Now I should be able to do a lot more work!!

If there is a way have both or more computers as "home" computers but with different preferences for each?

44 of the 45 results for DairyQueen are all in progress. It' only finished 1 job so far and hat was on the 24th of Sept. But the 44 are all from today and should be 3 days worth of work. I think I got this right now but not completely sure.
rosetta1234567890987654321.PNG

Thanks

Last edited:
If there is a way have both or more computers as "home" computers but with different preferences for each?

I'm not sure what you mean by "home" and "work" designations. I don't see anything like that in my preferences. Maybe it's the version you're using? I'm using 2 different Boinc versions for my 2 machines (no real reason for this, I dl'd a version, 5.2.13, long ago and decided to dl a newer one, 7.2.42, for one machine), and each has its own preferences.

I'm not sure what you mean by "home" and "work" designations. I don't see anything like that in my preferences. Maybe it's the version you're using? I'm using 2 different Boinc versions for my 2 machines (no real reason for this, I dl'd a version, 5.2.13, long ago and decided to dl a newer one, 7.2.42, for one machine), and each has its own preferences.

It's on the website.

It was harder to explain so i took screensots.

I circled things.

I go here first.
rtt9.PNG

I click on the numbers.
rtt90.PNG

Here is where I choose either home or work.
rtt9009.PNG

This is where it gets confusing. I want to have both or more computers as home computers but with different settings for each.
rtt90909.PNG

It is working atm but I would rather have it set up properly. All computers as home computers since they are at home.

The location parameter should not have any effect on the way your PC computes and or generates results, assuming you haven't customized any parameters yet. As far as I know, all locations start out with the same parameters, then it's up to you to come up with custom parameter configurations for each location as you(or your IT administrator at work or school) see fit.
I'm unsure of why you are having issues if you are simply trying to use two separate PC's from your home location. Again, it would be nice if some of our multi-machine members could chime in to confirm.

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Preferences

I have adjusted parameters already. I'm sure I can figure it out though. And it is working as is now.

I'll spent a little time with it later.

Thanks.

Does that mean you want a follow-up?

I got everything working just fine now. It turns out if you use advanced view and some other tabs in bionc application you can adjust what you want per computer without messing with other computer's settings or having to update the project. Also I found how to suspend or resume or run as scheduled which is nice. I've got four computers now all doing there own thing with rosy.

Answered on my phone so not sure irk this woke.

Back