• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which case fan do you suggest? (Case: Lian-Li PC-D600; GPU: Sapphire HD7990)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dobi

Hey :)

I want to buy a new case and I chose the Lian-Li PC-D600 which is a 2 zone case (Mainboard on one side; Disks on the other):
http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-d600/

Till now I read so much about different types of fans (high airflow or high static pressure), but still I have no idea what to take for this specific case as intake and exhaust of the mainboard side.

Like you can see from the link above there is not much in the way because of the 2 sections (so normally I would say high airflow), but then, there are filters before the fans (so normally I would say high static pressure).

As GPU I will use 1 or 2 Sapphire HD7990:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/present...dex.aspx?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1914&lid=1
Those cards seem to swirl a lot of air inside the case (spits air out in all directions including down at the motherboard) so I think they need a case with a good airflow.

If so, how do GPU-fans like these should infect the choice of the intake and exhaust fans?

So basically what I need are 3x 140mm fans for the front (mainboard side) and 1x 120mm fan for the rear (mainboard side).

What fans would you suggest? (Brand, Model, Type)

I would say the "Front: High Static Pressure, Exhaust: High Air Flow" would be the best solution, but I want to ask whats your opinion... ;)

So, why this is my opinion:
1) A lot of air needs to come into the case through the filters and I have place for 3 fans. (High Static Pressure)
2) Because the GPU seem to swirl a lot of air inside the case I want to have it out fast where I only have 1 fan. (High Air Flow)
But I have no idea if that makes sense? ;)

Greetings,
Cédric :)

I've read good (but few) reviews on the Aerocool Deadsilence 120mm & 140mm fans. The reviews usually say the same; Same performance as the industry standard Gentle Typhoons, but much quiter, beating out even the silentPC brand. You could go with those for spots where you need static pressure. I'd use it for the rear as well to keep the fans matching.

Have you already gotten the case? It looks like a server farm.

Well, I happened to buy a Lian Li PC-7FN when Newegg was clearing its stock. I have a lot of fans, and I gave her her choice. She chose the Yate Loon 1000 rpm D14SL-124B (that means it had 4 LED's; very pretty). They are on clearance at JAB-Tech for $1.60 each. Fine fans.

For your 120mm intake, I would recommend either the 1100 rpm Nexus Real Silent fan or an 800 rpm Gentle Typhoon AP-12 (PPCS has them, apparently directly from Nidec).

For your exhaust fan, I would recommend using nothing. The case already comes with an open space -- no restrictive "grill" in the back.

Back