• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why are (soon to be) released phones better than iPhone 6 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So how about Galaxy Note 4 vs. iPhone 6?

I've had android phones, and now have had an iPhone for just over a year (2 models the 5S and 6).

With android at least in the past I always had an issue with battery life.. big issues. Even when I had my last phone with was a Droid Razr Maxx (first version released) I was pushing it each day to get the battery life out of it for a normal, roughly 18 hour day of being unplugged. I had good reception in all locations and connected via 4G or WiFi typically. Bluetooth was disabled most of the time.

Now with both my iPhones I had, the 5S was close to not being good for a full day of battery life under typical conditions. Traveling no way it would make it without a charge or two, since I used it more. But at least the 5S did manage most of the time to run the whole day without needing a charge. Might of ended the day with 15-25% charge but it would last. With my iPhone 6, the battery is even better in it. Defiantly notice an improvement and if I even hit 45-50% battery for the day when I plug it in, seems typical. Below 20% is very rare for me. When traveling, still it requires a potential top off, not a full recharge to make it in a day which is nice. I know just going from the 5S to the 6 was a vast improvement on battery life.

Now what I do with the phones is gaming, some simple 2D and even heavy 3D games. Web surfing, facebook, youtube. Mostly over 4G, though sometimes over WiFi depending on the case. This is what I did with all the phones for example.

Though I can say some newer Android phones perform just as well with battery life as well if not better. They also have larger batteries and sometimes do odd things that drain the battery quickly. Just speaking from experience with my wifes phone. I even notice it on my android tablet sometimes it can last days, and sometimes its dead within hours and I have no clue why. Each system has its own quirks.

I do like how apple handles the application system a little more than android. Though I really despise the pricing scheme of the phones/storage capacities and customization.
Android I love how its more open, and free to customization to your liking. Just the tinkering factor which I always loved with the PC so its just me with that. Though one thing that is huge, is when using android at least, majority of applications will use the resolution of the screen. Filling it up with more detail I've seen, but also are accustomed to the higher resolution screens so they might just have the profiles of it in more applications. At least prior to the iPhone 6's, apples applications even on their high resolution tablets sucked.... like reading some websites it would of been better to read it on a 4" phone because of it being so large on a 10" tablet it made it uncomfortable to read. Android never had that issue that I know of.

So personally myself after using everything now for a while. Android does very well on tablets, very well and personally I don't think I would ever get an iPad again (had one for 2 weeks) unless its necessary for the kids schooling. Storage space for android is cheap as well, sometimes a microSD card at least, or you can connect a device to read more USB or SD card options as well. For phone wise... I'm torn on that one, since I like games/apps there are somethings on apple you can't get on android or at least right away so I do like it for that reason, but as well its harder to screw up which for a communication device its probably good that way. There are good android phones, but might have to side more on apple with this one, at least at this time now they FINALLY have a larger screen.

I still prefer my nexus 4 over iPhone 6 or 6 plus(because I can't live with IOS), and I also prefer LG G3 or HTC one M8 over iPhone(just my options, there are iPhone fans too).

in my options current Android phones are already better.

Why i prefer android phones over iPhone:
1) Cheaper
2) Better screen (one of the main reasons i choose android phones)
3) Smaller yet bigger screen
4) Android (my main reason to choose android)
5) They look better and HTC one m8 feels so awesome in hand! (personal option)
6) Better sound
7) Features

Note 4 advantages over iPhone:
1) Better screen - but has purple smudging on some places!
2) Bigger screen
3) Cheaper (not much but still cheaper)
4) Accurate S-Pen
5) Some of the Samsung bloats are useful :)
6) It has Android
7) It has an Micro SD Card slot
8) OTG ( I don't think iPhone has OTG, does it?)
9) I'm not sure but some stuff are faster (but saw a video on YouTube)
10) heart rate (don't think its useful anyway)
11) uses Micro USB
12) turbo charger - its amazing ! 1% per min, 100% in around 1 hours
13) can have wireless charging
14) General-purpose NFC
15) According to GSMArena: 10:44h of web browsing vs 9:05h and 17:25h of video vs 11:15h and 28:34h of 3G talking vs 23:49h my battery life is good ! with HSPA+,HSPA and locations on etc i get like 6-7 onscreen time when browsing etc games(4 hours for games as i calculated) i never ran out of battery when i was outside!
16) Camera samples look so much better to me
17) I love the build quality, metal frame mixed with soft fake-leather is perfect ! i prefer it over HTC one m8(Metal stuff like metal pens make my hands feel bad!), iphone feels cheap in my hands (i barely saw it, it had screen protector so it might be the reason)

Note 4 disadvantages:
2) Bad fingerprint sensor -- Edit: its not actually bad, but not as easy as iphone, it barely gives me any errors

iPhone 6 plus advantages:
1) Better fingerprint scanner
2) Better benchmark results
3) lighting cable is easy to plug :)

iPhone 6 plus disadvantages:
1) Overall feeling of the phone was terrible in my hand
2) It's big (but has small screen)
3) I hate the home button (feels terrible to use)
4) can't Bluetooth to others(only iPhone to iPhone).
5) Doesn't have MicroUSB.
6) IOS animations are cool but are really long for me. i get bored waiting for them to finish!
7) Expensive accessories etc

BTW: I don't think anything really exiting is coming. so it won't change much, Maybe a new SoC and battery life!

Edit: I got an note 4 as a gift and it changed my mind and edited few stuff i love it so much

Last edited:
Back