• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 4930k Overclocking Voltage Help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

garrettsallison

Whick voltages are the most important when trying to overclock to 5Ghz or in general overclocking?

Vcore?

PCH?

VTT?

PLL?

VCCSA?

If anyone knows anything please let me know!
Please give detailed information!

Last edited:
You won't overclock these CPUs to 5GHz on air/water. They lose stability above 4.7GHz ( some may run 100MHz higher ).
Up to 4.8GHz all what is necessary is cpu voltage. VTT/SA will be required in memory overclocking. PCH is not important. PLL can be left at stock for these clocks but you can try +0.1V and some chips may overclock better.
If you have motherboard like ASUS Rampage IV extreme then you can try cpu vrm frequency at 350-450. Depends from cpu it sometimes helps.

Edit:

I just saw your other thread. If you want to OC on sub 0 temps then you don't need much more than I already said but you will need much higher voltage to make 5GHz+. If you are overclocking on single stage then max will be ~5.2GHz 1.5-1.7V. On LN2 it may go up to 5.5-5.8GHz. All depends from CPU.
I don't think anyone will give you detailed info how high you have to set voltages and other things as it depends from CPU and motherboard ( mainly CPU ).

Last edited:
Thank you and im not asking how high to set my voltages im just trying to figure out which voltages you should raise to help stabilize a overclock.

So as I said almost only cpu voltage + PLL and vrm frequency. VTT and SA if you push memory higher.

My CPU needed about 1.5V for 5GHz but 1.7V for 5.3-5.4GHz+ depends from test. I was testing it on ss and dice. Moving from ss to dice gave me 100-150MHz more at similar voltage.

Back