• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is PC Gaming Worth It?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cajun_duck

Registered
I really want to get back into pc gaming, but right now i do it all on xbox 360 and xbone. All fps games will be on xbone so i can play against my wife on her's. So, are there enough rpgs and such on pc with better graphics?

I would say PC graphics are definitely better, however, if you already are committed to FPS games on the console, I don't know if the draw of "prettier" games is enough to warrant the cost of a PC just for them. It's strange for me to say that because I would never use a console for anything but Madden (and that's only because Madden isn't available on PC), but if you are someone who doesn't have an aversion to first person shooters with a controller, what's the point of a PC, really?

Are there any on pc that doesn't port to consoles? I also enjoy rpgs and would like to delve into mmos. May go ahead and get some fps for pc regardless when she doesnt want to play.

The newer consoles are going to implement mmo's as time goes and there are tons of mmo's that consoles don't have. But yes graphics are noticably better on PC. Plus games are way funner if you're into modding them.

Objectively speaking, PC gaming is the way to go. Games look better, run smoother, and are cheaper. You do have to deal with some negatives like some games being terrible ports from the console versions and console-exclusive titles, but for the most part, PC gaming is a better experience. It's difficult to argue that console gaming isn't more "relaxed", though.

In the end, I think it comes down to what kind of gamer you are. If you enjoy a wide variety of titles (and you seem to) and aren't against mouse-keyboard for input (though you can get a controller), PC is probably the way to go.

What was the question again? lol

I used to play a lot of pc games, but its been several years. I recently tried The Witcher 2 and don't find it ports well to console.

I game for the most part on my Pc, using a mouse and keyboard. I do have a few consoles in my house that my son plays on, which are Xbox 360, Ps4 and a couple of older ones. When I try and play a game such as BF4 on the Ps4 I find using the controller a lot more difficult then playing it on my Pc. The graphics on the Ps4 and also the Xbox 360 are really good as you probably know, though they can be better on a Pc. That said you would need a good Gpu if you wanted to run the modern games at with all the eye candy turned up. I find the game play on the Pc a lot more rewarding but to go to a Pc just for better graphics, may not be worth it.

If you need a new one anyway, then go for it. Witcher 3 is coming up as well and you'll want to play that one on PC :)

For me as of late indy games have had the biggest draw. There are a few AAA titles I like. Sure they don't have the best graphics but game play and story are normally superior.

As stated before games are cheaper, the AAA games look better(unless they intentionally not meant to) and there so many more games to choose from.

Plus, you'll have to wait who knows how long to play Star Citizen on a console and does any other game really matter? :D

to me pc gaming vs console is apples vs oranges. pc's have game mods etc, better graphics and more keys! consoles are better for relaxed gaming and social gaming in the same room. for the last couple months i've been pc gaming because i just built a new rig so the new factor is still there. if you have the money, both gets my vote.

that plus farming simulator 2015 is coming out oct 30th!!! i've spent well over 500 hours on farming sim 2013/2014.

Mods, better customization, better graphics, superior input devices, better/more multiplay options, more competitive online play, MMOs (if that's your thing) ... Get the idea? :)

That being said, I do proudly own a Wii U for fun with friends and Mario Kart :)

I've just recently started playing Borderlands 2 Co-op with a friend. One PC, 2 screens, 2 Controllers (Xbox One, and logitech PS3 style controller). Running 2 whole displays with maxed graphics perfectly smooth on one system has been a great argument for PC gaming. At least for me.

Back