• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB not working any more

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Horrerblade

Hey guys some one brought a computer to me and said that it wasn't recognizing the mouse anymore. So I brought it home and none (I/O panel or the usb 2/3 on the case) of them are recognizing anything (my phone, thumb drive, mouse). Is there a solution to this? Is the mobo broken? I know that the whole back I/O is not broken because I used the iGPU/vga port to see and it displayed fine. Do I have to ship the mobo off? Here are the specs: I5 3570k, MSI 7790, MSI Z77-G45, 1TB HDD, 16 gb 1600 DDR3 Ram, MSI Ravager Case, CX600 watt PSU, Windows 7 Hope Premium 64-bit. Any help would be appriciated.

I cant access the bios without a KB, and the usb ports dont work so i cant plug one in :(. I dont think i have a PS2 KB any where either :(

If it's something like the USB having been disabled in bios then doing a CMOS clear would reset it to default. If you do that you will also have to restore time and date and SATA parameters (IDE/AHCI). There's usually a jumper on the motherboard to clear the CMOS with. Just make sure you you disconnect the computer from power before you move the jumper and then restore the jumper to default position before restoring power to the system.

Back