• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

let's ghetto something

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tessellation is on, I only run full bloat, I dont use setlod or any of that stuff.
as for the voltage mod I will be looking at that a little further down the line, thanks for the link, it will come in handy.

blaylock, you have me beat in the amd 2 core race, so once again, i win the race to the bottom!!!!
but, in the ivy bridge folks my first post would still win it.

manu2b, that's just it!!!!!!
I can't find a thread on them, got a link?

The issue is the moisture.

First morning I woke up after a 12h P95 run, the windows of the living room were all blurry!

And I hope you enjoy the waterfall sound:p

more moisture is a bad idea for this, it's in the basement and I already have had to have a dehumidifier installed, so that's right out.
I guess the coolermaster seidon is next.

I'd dig it, I grew up in the everglades in florida, my little suga bee is a bee of a very large stinger and would never go along with that!!!

C_D I may have you for the moment, but that's likely my last run with that board and CPU. I believe it killed the CPU and the board has swelled behind the VRMs to the point that the PCB is now splitting apart. I PM'd RGONE to get his advice and he suggested retiring the board. It's a very sad morning indeed. Looks like I might be in the hunt for a new benching board.

Ya it looked a bit funky to me Blaylock. That's a bummer.

the board has swelled behind the VRMs to the point that the PCB is now splitting apart. suggested retiring the board.

Pics of his PCB reminded me of the first power hungry "net burst" Intel cpus that melted the motherboard on the way to failure. His pics were not a pretty sight at all. Shorts in the VRM circuitry are too iffy for my liking. Those types of shorts can take out more than just a motherboard and in my weak mind are not to be played around with. Just an ole faht I suppose.
RGone...ster.

I do like that one, but I MIGHT get away with the freezy packs like Rgone, johan and manny use, that, little bee would throw a hissy!!!!!

That is a fairly spffy unit. I saw one a few years ago that used 5,000BTU window unit that had a smaller water reservoir that all was containted within the window unit. Just hoses to the cpu cooler. That might get by the "little bee's stinger." Hehehe.
RGone...

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?260667-sub-45-Homemade-chiller

Is this ghetto enough? Should get good results too. you could move/remove the temperature probes and get pretty cold.

Back