• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChanceCoats123

d20 in a jacket
So with today being October 1st, I am really starting to get excited! My roommate and I loved playing Borderlands 2 together, and we're just as excited to get going on the next game (or previous game) in the series. :D

I've looked a little at the skill trees of each character and I've pretty much decided to go with Wilhelm while my roommate plays as Athena.

I played Soldier class in Borderlands 2 and was a big fan of the turrets. I'm hoping Wilhem's drone skill will be along the same lines.

So anyway, I just wanted to know... WHO ELSE IS EXCITED?!?!?! :clap::clap::clap:

I'm actually stoked for this one, and that doesn't happen much with games anymore for me. I loved and played BL2 for hours and hours. I always preferred Zero, but the turrets were always really handy to have around when I played as a soldier class a little.

Have you seen any cool discounts for a pre-order?

I've been watching Steam, but I haven't seen anything. I just went ahead and pre-ordered it two days ago. I'm waiting on the season pass though. My roommate and I are going to play through the game before we decide on the season pass.

Waiting to see if I can play this local co-op on one PC like BL2. It's a make or break.

It damn well better have a local co-op. The first two games in the series had local co-op, so I would assume this game will undoubtedly have it as well. When I think of Borderlands as a series, the top three things that come to mind are: Loot, the graphics, and LAN gameplay. They can't just get rid of one of the big three!

Two (really closer to one at this point) days left! I don't know about you guys, but I already have it pre-loaded!

Last edited:
I made the mistake of ordering it from kinguin. It's a global copy, so technically it's release date is the 17th rather than the 14th. I suppose I could say it was worth it to save the $20.00.

Well I figured I would wait until I got some play time under my belt before posting back here... It's even better than I had hoped. I played a lot of Borderlands 2, so I was a bit bored with all the missions and such. This game shed light on a lot of the questions in the first two games. They added some really cool mechanics such as the oxygen requirement and the jump slam combos. I chose Wilhelm and he's a freaking beast. Those two drones are unstoppable. I'm on my second play through now (True Vault Hunter Mode) and it's a real challenge now. Much better!

Damn already second play through. I need to step it up a little bit. I loved the first two but just haven't had time to play this one a whole lot just yet. Already like it so far though.

From watching the GiantBomb quick look the game looks fun, mostly more of the same (if you liked Borderlands/2 you will like the gameplay), but I'm not a huge fan of the added O2 mechanic. It mostly just seems unnecessary and tacked on, breaking the desire to just run around and explore your surroundings.

Yea the O2 add on definitely takes getting used to. I wasn't a big fan from of it at first but almost everything you kill gives O2 capsules it seems like.

Personally, I think it adds to the exploration. It allows you to get places you otherwise couldn't. And it makes a bigger impact in co-op play. When a buddy is downed, you have the option to revive normally, or revive with oxygen. The latter is a much faster option. It takes some of yours, but you get the other player fighting much faster.

I feel like it's BL2.5, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying it as much as I have. The gameplay comedic value are always appreciated. I do wish, however, that they had addressed the cumbersome weapon inventory system. I spend way too much time comparing weapons, sorting, etc...

I see too many reviews saying it is more of the same. $60 for an expansion? No thanks!

I've not read many reviews, but my personal review wouldn't put it as an extension. It fills a few plot holes between the first and the second games, and provides a completely new setting. The characters are all different from the previous games, and the story line is much different as well. I thought it had a well written story to boot. My roommate and I are maxed out at level 50 and are [im]patiently waiting for our DLC so we can play new missions.

I feel like it's BL2.5, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying it as much as I have. The gameplay comedic value are always appreciated. I do wish, however, that they had addressed the cumbersome weapon inventory system. I spend way too much time comparing weapons, sorting, etc...

I agree. The inventory is a bit cumbersome, but getting new loot and comparing is all part of the Borderlands experience! :D

It does fill a few plot holes, and gives a nice background to BL2.

You finished already??? Man, I thought I was playing it a lot. I'm still at level 18, and just finished
plugging the AI into the constructor

Back