• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5820K vs 5930K - Gaming performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Another solid choice...but expensive. Good looking out (again) witchy!

Note - Lvcoyote reviewed this board on our front page... check it out for info.

I did indeed look at this board. I was really confused not to find SATA Express on it! Not that i am going to use it right now, but as a future feature i may want it, and the price tag on that board, why isnt it there?

Why would you use SATA Express over M.2 anyway?

Good question.

I just noticed that is was missing it.

That said, lack of USB 3 ports, and way to many USB 2 ports is something I do think about.

The EVGA has 4 rear and 2 with cable. Thats it. I may not use the front much, but i would be all out of USB3 on the rear from day one, and on that front, we're not going backwards, but forwards.

The X99S alone has 8 USB 3 ports on the back, I cant help to question why they would choose to go with more USB 2 ports then USB 3 on the EVGA.

I did indeed look at this board. I was really confused not to find SATA Express on it! Not that i am going to use it right now, but as a future feature i may want it, and the price tag on that board, why isnt it there?

$ 400.00 USD

more than I would pay for a gaming board personally, but anything looks good in comparison the WS you were looking at

All black really backs you into a corner on selection. Do yourself a favor, get a board that meets your needs, color is pretty trivial at the end of the day

$ 400.00 USD

more than I would pay for a gaming board personally, but anything looks good in comparison the WS you were looking at

All black really backs you into a corner on selection. Do yourself a favor, get a board that meets your needs, color is pretty trivial at the end of the day

Yeah, but when you've spent a lot of money getting to a certain point of Case parts to suit the black/white/grey, then why ruin it by sticking a pink motherboard in there?

I will prolly end up with the X99S unless i can get Gigabyte to produce a one off all black board for me.

I use to have purple motherboard back in the days of my Penitum 4, because it matched the purple on the inside of my case. Now im all blacked out, and the ROG boards have ruined it, i get sad every time i looked inside my case, which i do at least once a day. The Red LEDs annoyed me to bits. Theres a reason im blowing money on replacing all my chrome fittings with black.

If AsRock would bring out a black and gold touched Extreme board like they did with Z77, i would all over it. But sadly no. The WS captured me on the theme colors and the quad 16x.

A nice long sleep changed that and i feel i found some sense. Plus the WS is a potential nightmare full of bugs.

+1

Some tape and spray paint can fix any color issue.

I have never been a fan of painting parts that take care of heat. Plus im scared they'll refuse RMA if such a change is made, because they know the heat sinks have been removed.

Use PlastiDip, it peels right off if you ever want to remove it.
There's no reason RMA will be refused if you don't damage the board...

Use PlastiDip, it peels right off if you ever want to remove it.
There's no reason RMA will be refused if you don't damage the board...

I had an RMA where they tried to refuse it, due to a tiny scratch on one of the heatsinks.. They are insane when it comes to RMA.

Ahh. typically, if you are not talking to the person above you, quoting them clears it up. If that post snuck in, you can use the EDIT button to add it (and to prevent double posting).

I know, but I didnt think someone would be fast enough to stick a reply in there before me, my mistake.

X99S + 5930K.

Just got saved for a bit of money on fittings, so im happy with that too.

Back