• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a way to avoid this green/white build up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I really don't think the 10 month water was much of an issue. People have been known to go a year or longer (*cough* Conundrum) on distilled without problems provided their prep and execution were top notch. Yours wasn't, you had problems. Now you're correcting those problems and hopefully the next build goes better.

I really don't think the 10 month water was much of an issue. People have been known to go a year or longer (*cough* Conundrum) on distilled without problems provided their prep and execution were top notch. Yours wasn't, you had problems. Now you're correcting those problems and hopefully the next build goes better.

*cough* myself included nuke and a kill coil 12 months plus :D
There was some tarnishing developed on the gtx280 copper block.
It's a complexed interaction... No two loops react at the same rate.
(I used some ethyl glycol and aluminum flying blind before I got to this site... Ended up growing polymer strings in the res... New life :cool: )

Silver kill coils are fine. No need for the Meyhems.

I think you might find nuke on ebay.

Copper sulfate is generally available at fish supply stores. It's sold as an algaecide. While it or other biocides might not be strictly required, I still maintain that they certainly don't hurt. Your goal is an environment within your loops that's clean of contaminants and devoid of all living things.

Back