• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8350 | Are my Temps OK ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At some point before you push further you should establish stability for at least 2 hours of prime blend. It will make it a lot easier to try and get it stable when you have a fall back stable OC.

I'm running @ 4,8 Ghz at 1.488 V. Turture test (blend) for the last 16 hours. So, this looks stable for me. But I'm still not satisfied concerning the 5.0 Ghz (I think everyone knows why). I Think I will get custom lacoo loop and try to achieve it. Thanks for your advice.

Not sure which case that is but from the looks it should work ok for a loop. Optimally you should be looking for at least 360 or 3 X 120 worth of rad for a CPU only loop. I would be looking at a 240 up top and a 240 up front on the bottom.

Nano, yes it will work and I agree with Bassnut, for an everyday 5.0 OC you need a minimum of 3x 120mm worth of radiator. Is the 5.0 goal, for an everyday overclock or are you just trying to see how far you can push it? 5.0 for an everyday OC is a pretty lofty goal, you will be surprised how much more voltage you will need to get it stable up there. For the performance gains in most cases it's not really worth it. I have had my chip up to 5.7 for benching purposes and I also have it prime blend stable 2 hours up to 5.1. I do not choose to run it at 5.1 because of the voltage necessary to do so is silly.

Last edited:
That sounds great. Im probably going for a 360 Rad , 16 FPI, with a thickness of 64 mm which is huge.
I'm excited to see temperatures and possible frequencies.

I might get a GTX 970 and watercool it as well.
Should I get another 240 RAD for example for better cooling performance on the graphicscard or do you think 1x 360 Radiator should be enough for both CPU and Graphicscard ?

Definitely 120.5 worth if you're dropping a GPU in the loop too

Should I get another 240 RAD for example for better cooling performance on the graphicscard or do you think 1x 360 Radiator should be enough for both CPU and Graphicscard ?
All depends on the goal, 5.0 is going to be pushing it to begin with, adding a Gpu to the loop is going to make it really tough. If you go with a more reasonable OC you may get away with 3x120mm worth of radiator with both but not for an extreme Oc. If you really want to push the clocks then yes I think 5x120mm worth of radiator is the way to go.

Okay. I think I'm gonna wait till proper hydro copper plates are available for GTX 970s in my country. Probably buying another 240 mm rad for the GPU/CPU loop. Thanks for your advices.

Watch for an EVGA HydroCopper edition. They paired with EK for the GTX 980 HydroCopper.

Here is my AIO from CoolerMaster, Nepton 280L
CPU: FX-8350 4.0GHZ (no OC)
MB: GA-990FXA-UD5 Rev 3.0
Case: HAF932

DSCN0616.JPG
DSCN0617.JPG
large.JPG

That sounds great. Im probably going for a 360 Rad , 16 FPI, with a thickness of 64 mm which is huge.
I'm excited to see temperatures and possible frequencies.

Just a side note ...... measure first and then measure again to make sure you have clearance for that thick rad and your fans you plan on using between the top of your case and the top part of your motherboard. Too often you will see the top part of the NORTH bRIDGE / vrm cooler makes contact with the rad or fans. Plan it out and make sure it will fit, width of the rad + 25mm for push or pull fan or 50mm for a push pull fan combo.

Just a side note ...... measure first and then measure again to make sure you have clearance for that thick rad and your fans you plan on using between the top of your case and the top part of your motherboard. Too often you will see the top part of the NORTH bRIDGE / vrm cooler makes contact with the rad or fans. Plan it out and make sure it will fit, width of the rad + 25mm for push or pull fan or 50mm for a push pull fan combo.

I hope it'll work fine concerning the space the rad + fans need.

Since Loudness isnt an issue for me I'll probably go for 3000 RPM Noctua fans optimised for static pressure to push . 10,4 mm³ H²O
and NZXT Airflow Fans for pull. These Noctua fans are pretty expensive but i still feel like its gonna be worth it.

http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/120mm/169173/NOCTUA+NF-F12+industrialPPC-3000+PWM.article

Got some new fans and tried the 5.0 Ghz again.

After running this for longer i got the following results:

Blend testing in prime95
Vcore: max. 1.56 V
Fans undervolted running at 800 rpm
Highest temps under full load:

Socket: 68°C
Core: 61°C

They used to look fine for me as far as it's stable for at least the next 5 to 7 hours.

Allthough I'm wondering if a high Vcore is bad for durability of my parts or bad in any other kind of way.

Temps2.jpg

I don't think your V_Core is too high for everyday use. If you want to help it out set your voltages using offsets and then you can enable the green stuff again this will allow your cpu todown clock and volts when idle like surfing or what not.

Well I see 63c and 56c and not the temps you mention. The temps I write are fine. Now for the voltages. There are a number of us that can get stable at 5.0Ghz and greater even. The caveat is that voltage to the cpu is more than we want to run 24/7. I am pretty far passed the E-pen thing since I did that shett for about 8 years and it is no longer worth it to me. YMMV. I had rather be below 1.5Vcore for 24/7 use. What "johan" says about the offset Vcore is sPoT on. I use such for my 4.8Ghz and surfing the web and watching internet video my 4.8Ghz on air does not even move off the idle speed of 1.6Ghz and Vcore of 0.996. If I really kick it in the arse it jumps to 4.8Ghz with 1.448Vcore. Now I would run like-that until the system gets replaced for daily use. Again, YMMV.
RGone...ster.

Last edited:
That is what i read. btw how is that possible? 1.56v and 56°C? i mean its only the H100i. cant believe it :sly: looks like idle temps to me haha

Unbenannt.JPG

Last edited:
Back