• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will I like Shadows of Mordor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just beat it, maybe 10 minutes ago lol. I have 4 GB ram, and a 7770 2GB gpu, I had to turn settings down quite a bit, though I also have a G3258 CPU, and some of the settings say that they are cpu based... Movement is very AC like, climbing walls, stealth, kills from above and below, but story was ok, a few cool twists, not nearly the best storyline game I've played, but it wasn't bad by any means, if you like LOTR stuff. But the gameplay more than made up for it. You have quests to rebuild your weapons, hidden items to find that give some background to the game, map looks and feels like AC, can fast travel to different towers so you don't have to run so far for the next quest, etc. Also a good long playthrough, unless you speed run, but I gathered everything, though I didn't finish rebuilding the bow and dagger, probably do that later, but got everything else for the most part. I had a hard time putting the controller down when I started playing it lol, and yes, you do want the Xbox controller, my F310 has an Xbox setting, and a PS3 setting, pretty cool, can use it if I have someone over to play ps3, but anyway, the buttons are pre-programmed, and cues will show up as Xbox buttons also.

Just bought it today. Frickin epic game. I SUUUUUCK soooo haaard at it but it is epic.

I died a lot at first, but before long you'll think you're invincible lol, especially when you get the skill that reduces your streak needed for your power moves, forgot what they're called in SOM off hand, but you can reduce them from 8-5, then you can unleash a special, then you get another that makes it so when you hit 5, you can use 2 specials...

Not sure if I like it yet. More annoying questions to come when I think of them. I've bought games I thought I would like and then hated them (Cough, far cry 3, Saints Row 3). When I go on just the fact that other people think it's good, I end up disappointed. I want to make sure it suits my tastes, which are quite picky.

I can't offer a valuable opinion...FC3 and SR3 were 2 of the best games I ever played....Might be dangerous recommending Shadows. Lol

Glad your liking it so far. :)

Back