• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4P shutdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
Time to shutdown my 4P till I get new fans for the Nuctua HS, I'm letting it finish the WU is has then turn it off.
Going to order new fans today.

Whats wrong with the fans?

Hope you are not down too long, now is the time to make hay.

Whats wrong with the fans?

Hope you are not down too long, now is the time to make hay.

Not too long, I had power go out this week and when I powered it up, 1 or more fans was slow to spin up, I could hear it.
Also, when I did power it up and started F@H, the frame time got worse, upto 16+ min per frame :(
So it's time to change them out, new fans should be here by this Wed or Thu.

Why don't you use 120mm fans?

For CPU 1-3 that would work but CPU 4 there is no room at the top of the case.

DSCN0501.JPG
DSCN0510.JPG

As you can see, I had to move the top fan to the outside of the case, a 120mm would be too big.

Well, it's official, I'm going to call SM and WZ in the morning about ether repair or replacement or ordering a new MB. :facepalm: lets just say I did something stupid and now I'm paying the price.
I hate LGA sockets.

New MB on it's way, I payed for 2 day shipment so it'll be here Wed or Thu.
Ok I'll tell you what I did, I was swaping the ES 6276 chips out for real 6276's and was wiping the hold down bracket and snaged some of the pins in the socket (Homer Simson sound here)

Good news, 4p MB #1 is alive, so I'll build it into another folder and have 2 4p's :) I was able to get it tested and it posted, so all that work to fix the bent pins paid off. :bday::clap:

Very good news indeed. We can use the wind in our sails to avoid those wolves at the door.

Back