• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EPS/ATX12V CPU 8-pin to 8-pin adapter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cant.Touch.This

I was just wondering if there are any of these adapters out there? I'd like to join the two 4+4 EPS/ATX12V CPU cables included with my PSU since one cable length is a bit short.

Yes, I know there are extensions but I'm asking strictly on whether joining the two cables with an adapter is a possibility instead of having to splice a cable.

I'm a little confused by the wording :)
But yes you can use an extension.
If you don't plan on drawing huge amounts of power just the primary 4pin will work on any 8pin board.
They quite often come with the connector at the board end as two interlocking 4pin connectors.

Hmm, I'll try to explain a bit more clear (hopefully).

Basically both ends of the 8-pin MB connector is a male end right? So normally it goes from PSU to the 8-pin female socket on the MB itself. But my situation is such that one single 8-pin cable is not long enough to go behind the tray and connect to the MB.

My PSU comes with (2) of these 8-pin MB connectors which if connected TOGETHER would be sufficient. But seeing as how both ends are male, to join them together I would need an adapter that has a 8-pin female header on both ends. Maybe this helps with visualizing what I want to do.. so instead of having to waste the second 8-pin MB connector I would put it to use instead.

You could use an adapter or find suitable cable and extend with a bit of careful modding.
The standard measure in this case is to just buy an 8pin cpu power extension. Which there are lots available online at low prices.

I've tried all of the above dependent on how keen I was to get things working in the past.

As long as your sure the pin configuration is correct all is well :)

Back