• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which case should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

somePcNoob

Thinking of building myself a pc for uni for gaming/3D modellling (engineering degree) and general work. I’ve got a few forums up for the actual components but I’m not sure what case to get. There’s so many with very mixed reviews so I was wondering what you all thought. These are the ones I’m currently considering:

Zalman Z11 Plus
CiT Spectre
Corsair Graphite Series 230T
NZXT Phantom 240

The corsair and phantom are the upper end of my budget. Would these cases be compatible with my build (below) and are there better ones I could get?

CPU - Intel Core i5 i5-4690K
CPU Cooler – Hyper 212 evo / corsair H55 or 100 CLC
Motherboard - ASRock Z97 Extreme6 ATX
GPU - Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB
RAM - HyperX FURY Series 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1866MHz
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2
Optical - Samsung 24x Retail SATA DVD Writer
SSD - HyperX 120GB SATA3 3K 2.5-inch Gaming SSD
HDD - WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive

All advice much appreciated

Can't go wrong with the Fractal Arc Midi. It's at the top of your case budget, though, and I would honestly cheap out on the case and go with a better GPU. I guarantee you will quickly find the 760 under-powered for your uses.

Couple cheap options:

Rosewill Challenger

NZXT 210 Source

230t has a similar feature set to the arcs. Little lower end for a little less money. Good trade off if trying to save money.

Nice included case fans, but no removable drive bays? Meh at that price range. (I only had a cursory glance, though :shrug:)

EDIT: I does have removable bays. ;)

Last edited:
Necro!

You were correct, Rade :)

I actually ended up buying the Enthoo Pro the other day. Wanted to try a new case and it was on sale for the same price as the Midi R2 I usually buy.

I would have to Agree with you one this one as I just got mine 1week ago and let me tell you the cable management is awesome and more then enough room in it here are a few pics , this is the Phanteks Pro
DSCN0227.JPG DSCN0228.jpg

Nice! Very clean indeed. Excited to get all my parts tomorrow and start the process :)

Make sure you check you 5.25 bay covers cause I received my case and one was cracked and my SSD Bracket was missing ,

so I called them and told them about those issues and all I had to do is take a pic of the cover and show them the sales

invoice , and it took about 3 business to get the replacements , there customer service is exceptional

Back