• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rampage Formula bad flash HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OptyTrooper

So I flashed my BIOS to the latest and om reboot I keep getting boot block .003, bad boot block. So I copied BIOS to CD and rebooted and I get the same message and CD-ROM not found. I tried USB and I get file "FORMULA.ROM" not found, CD-ROM not found over and over. I have Googled the hell out of and no help.

If it's the X48 board you use a bootable floppy for afudos bios update

If it's the X48 board you use a bootable floppy for afudos bios update
It won't boot from floppy/DOS it is stuck on boot block .003, bad bios checksum.

Checking fo CD-ROM
CD-ROM not found
CHecking for USB device
USB device found
Reading file FORMULA.ROM

Have you tried a different file possibly. Other than that you might need a new chip.

Have you tried a different file possibly. Other than that you might need a new chip.
Yeah I've tried every thing I can think of and the BIOS chip on the Rampage Formula is soldered to the board :( I broke down and ordered a P5K Deluxe today.

That's a bummer, check out soldering on line those big chips didn't really "seem" that hard. I'm sure you have a bonepile there you could practice on??

OH man, at least I'm not the only one with Youngtimers. :facepalm:
Good news you got it figured out though :thup:

Back