• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 ssd's installed by an idiot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I just chucked 2 ssd's in my rig today and just slathered win 7 pro onto a 60 gig as "C" and formated another 120 gig ssd as "E" to put my games on, this was bassakwards i have found out.
is there anyway to correct this drunken farce or am I going to have to wait till i feel like i want to be sober and start all over?

You can reassign drive letters in disk management... If you wanted your os on the 120gig then it's format time :)

one of the games , Xplane 10 perfers to be on the "C" drive and that by itself is almost 18 gigs so it looks like I get to start all over.

Do you mean there's no way to install it to E or it just doesn't work when you install it to E?

Also, is XPlane a flight simulator?

Should you be flying drunk? :D

Good luck with whatver your issue is CD... two posts in and I'm still not sure what's up, lol

Good luck with whatver your issue is CD... two posts in and I'm still not sure what's up, lol

I think it's just installer's remorse :)

Needs his os on the larger drive because some games say no to drive E

(as a fellow drunken post master my decipher skills are high to blotto ;) )

after reading x plane install... Any drive will do :D

1. By default, X-Plane will install to the Desktop. Though it can be installed elsewhere (by clicking the Change Destination button), it is strongly recommended that it be placed on the Desktop so that the folder can be found in the future. When an acceptable location has been selected, clickContinue.

xplane, when moved to the "E" drive has some stutter in the sound, when I move it back to the "c" drive the stutter is gone.
fs10 does not have this issue.
acsw does not have this issue.
I have no issues at all with any of my 5 angry birds.

Move... so you literally copy and pasted the path there or was this a direct install to E:?

This is such a confusing thread, LOL!

been drinking again earthdog? (good on ya). it was a direct insall to desktop, play at it a while, every thing was fine.
copy and paste x plane to "E", program filesx86, play and have the stutter, copy and paste back to desktop, play a bit, no stutter.

aldakoopa, install fs 10, install bristal brabazon, depart miami at night, 8 point roll after crossing andros island, without puting it in the drink!!!!!!

ok, installed it directly to the "E"/ programfiles x86 folder, did not update it, still have sound stutter.

got it fixed!!!! I decided to pull it all out and re do it all, replaced the sata data cable, no fix, changed sata port from sata3-a1 to sata3-3, no fix, removed the nvidia drivers, ran drive sweeper, reinstalled drivers, let nvidia control center update drivers and it fixed it!!! it must have been a driver issue.

Back