• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: October Cinebench 11.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not hard to tell it's a slow day for me is it?

LOL, just having some fun... the misuse of that term and my overreaction to it is my personal hell... :rofl:

I've always thought of VID as the stock/default vcore set by Intel/AMD for a particular chip to run at its specified rating/speed.

Correct. but saying "Stock VID" is like saying the same thing twice as VID by definition is the stock/default vcore of that specific CPU. Anything outside of stock is simply 'vcore' to me. Sometimes I say stock vcore/voltage though. You didn't see my thread, did you? LOL!

Like I said, just let me rock in the corner in the fetal position... I will be OK. :p

Hey nice to see you around again Opty! Good run! You're added.

SO E_D if a CPU is left on auto and the board ups the voltage on it's own due to workload is that VID or V_Core??

stupid-empty-head-cat-cartoon-animated-gif1.gif

I'm still playing with this 8320, man I wish I had a few of your magic go fast cubes to toss into the mix right now Manny!

r11 9.71.JPG

VID is stock voltage. Anything above that that is not and what I would call Vcore. On intel, its either the VID or not. Perhaps that is different on AMD? But there is a max voltage and it doesn't vary with load that I know of...

Last edited:
VID is stock voltage. Anything above that that is not and what I would call Vcore. On intel, its either the VID or not. Perhaps that is different on AMD? But there is a max voltage and it doesn't vary with load that I know of...

I know E_D just pulling your chain a bit. :chair:

the 8350's that i had reported about 5 vids if i remember correctly, johan or manny might take a look at a hardware monitor report and check the pstates.

Sure you son't mean the P-VIDs ?? Here's my 8320

# of P-States 7
P-State FID 0x18 - VID 0x0C - IDD 13 (20.00x - 1.400 V)
P-State FID 0x15 - VID 0x15 - IDD 13 (18.50x - 1.287 V)
P-State FID 0x13 - VID 0x1B - IDD 12 (17.50x - 1.212 V)
P-State FID 0xD - VID 0x22 - IDD 9 (14.50x - 1.125 V)
P-State FID 0x7 - VID 0x29 - IDD 7 (11.50x - 1.037 V)
P-State FID 0x1 - VID 0x31 - IDD 5 (8.50x - 0.937 V)
P-State FID 0x10C - VID 0x39 - IDD 4 (7.00x - 0.837 V)

Looks like you need about 50 Mhz Johan not special ice cubes. :D Also it may be a 8320 which we haven't seen many P-States on but What The! on the
P-State FID 0x13 - VID 0x1B - IDD 12 (17.50x - 1.212 V)

Ya I know that's the lowest stock clock VID that I have seen.

Kenrou, this is an old competition from 2014. You can find the current months competition here.

Nice score on the bench though.

Back