• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: October Cinebench 11.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
another run on some old hardware. very low clocked xeon 2.26ghz cine11-10-60.jpg

This platform is still good and I think that X79 will live long too. Right now you can get good performing 6 core 1366 Xeons for like $100 ( or less in US ). X79 Xeons will be available up to at least 12 cores, with bclk overclocking even low series should reach 5GHz.

Bartoz, I agree with most of what you say. but I dont think the l5640 is going to make 5ghz with an 18 multi. bclks would be truly insane. this one has been over 250bclk and would have had a ways to go for 5ghz.
1366 is still a very usable platform. and even at just 4200 is competitive with haswell for cinebench purposes

Bartoz, I agree with most of what you say. but I dont think the l5640 is going to make 5ghz with an 18 multi. bclks would be truly insane. this one has been over 250bclk and would have had a ways to go for 5ghz.
1366 is still a very usable platform. and even at just 4200 is competitive with haswell for cinebench purposes

I meant that 2011 Xeons will make 5GHz at higher bclk as they can make 166+ bclk without bigger problems on about every board. I just said that the same as X58, X79 will also live long and after all already moved to the newer platforms, we can enjoy cheap Xeons with more cores and still good performance :)

wasnt dissing you. just know that the 1366 stuff had some really low clocked chips with locked low multi's. still a pretty cool chip all around

and the cinebench subs are gaining steam and number keep climbing. great work everyone

come on manny, show that next card of yours, time is getting short..............
it's colder there than it is here and you don't know if, and, or what i might be holding!!!!!!

come on manny, show that next card of yours, time is getting short..............
it's colder there than it is here and you don't know if, and, or what i might be holding!!!!!!
Nothing hidden here C/D the 9.78 and 2.32 are the best I have for those chips. I have not run the 4770k yet, yet. But it's done 11.27 on Cine 11.5 and I think it has a few more points in it. I'm hoping I can get the 1090T up for a run as well.

I did pick up a couple of old clunker rigs with simpy 3200 cpu's in them ( a friend owns a couple of pawn shops) and real coolers to boot and i have a socket 939 aftermarket cooler on the way ( the body dolly was not the way to cool a cpu)
I have a benching copy of xp32 that gives me about .03-.04 in this bench. I have a program called set lod, this bench is all about the cpu so the question is, will set lod gain me anything?
another question is, is there such thing as a board that will allow clocking a sempy 3200?

Set LOD is for Gpu Ocing CD, pretty sure it will have no affect on Cine 11.5.

For the Sempy you would need a decent 939 board.

MetalRacer / 4770k / ln2 / 12.5

Capture048.jpg

Nice work with the sempy there Blaylock :thup:

5.7 with the 4770 is sweet Metal, whats your fastest valid on that one?

Back