• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

custom kit for CPU+GPU or each with its own no maintenance kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That GPU will do just fine for you.

Yes, the TDP is what we're looking for here.

Haven't moved yet, but I just heard from the store guy, they will have "NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB/256bits Gigabyte Windforce - GV-N970WF3OC-4GD" by the end of the week and I would like to know if this is just as good or better than the other card I was above mentioning or it needs to be the ACX cooling?

They both have max ± 145W TDP this is what I need to pay attention to regardless right?

Thanks again for all the help :)

Hands down its a better card all around. Way more efficient as it runs cooler with way less power used and is more powerful at a great price.

Hey everyone,

After lots of furniture flex I'm finally at my new place, I have notice that my GPU/CPU temps are slight down(4c~) of what it used to be and that the room is a lot more cooler than the other place.

There is still a lot of sun going around, of course I do that a blackout curtain but the heat does still come thru.

I will be testing it for a few days as is and if it still gives me trouble I will move the entire thing into my new case corsair 670T which I had prepared before the move along with the 970 from gigabyte and when I do so, I will take photos of the entire mounting of it so I can show you guys how it goes. That's, if I have to move it out.

Thanks for all the answers and help so far :) hope it goes well this time.

Some mirrored window tint handles heat from the sun nicely :)

It does have insufilm but not that helpful I don't think I know mirrored window do you have some pictures I can see? Perhaps we call it something else here and I can look for that.

EDIT:

oh awesome just found a store that does the installation of the film and is in the neighborhood here ;) going there tomorrow thanks for the info!

See if they have ceramic tint, that material cuts down on heat better than non-ceramic ones.

I will check what they have there and then I will see if I can find some other companies for diff prices, etc.

:p now that I know the name of it, its going to be easy to search "film espelhado".

Making the story short there was already a mirrored window film installed but it was so old(the apartment is like 30~40 years old) that it looked as if the window was darker than usual and without film, the dude that came to install the film removed the old one and made a double film installation.

There was a big difference in heat today but today was not a very hot day as there was a cold front(not sure what its called in English when the cold air around that area moves to another) coming around my city.

The 970 arrives day 7 at the store but I will buy it regardless so if all the current attempts don't work I will just build it all into my corsair 670T with the GTX 970 G1.

Thanks for all the help so far guys ;) hope it works out.

Unhappily that did not work well for me, so I am evaluating installing an inverter A/C at the window rather than using my old portable and also instead of going the water cooling route for the VGA's which I would probably need to waste around 6~8k to get done :( while the A/C will be around 600USD fully installed 18000 BTUs.

And I got the 970 Gaming G1 from Gigabyte which should arrive today :)

So with the new AC the problems were solved but regardless I went ahead and rebuild everything into my new CASE with the new GPU you guys suggested me, here are some of the photos :)

iOsvx37.jpg.png
6lnBZYP.jpg.png
JwihLAN.jpg.png
9kxNaBV.jpg.png
l1KHBOW.jpg.png
5y7IdBG.jpg.png
onZGcnx.jpg.png
srjbKL2.jpg

How's the 970?!

Gotta love air conditioning!!

Honestly, I don't know LOL I just placed it together this minute and posted the images, the avg temp on it idle is 33c without my AC turned on.

This AC is awesome silent and does cold/hot conditioning, I've set it to 24c where the lowest option is 17c and I have to say 24c I have to wear a jacket and the computers stay around 30~40c max pretty sweet.

The other AC I had it would bankrupt me from leaving it on, this new one I got is really nice it reuses air and all sort of things to reduce power usage.

In the next few days I will update again with my feedback with how the new GPU goes ;)

I guess 24°C is pretty chilly to someone that just got AC... I keep my place around 19-20°C most of the time!

And what you wear to stay in that room? I mean I always lived in hot places where there is no snow at all, I've set it to 24c and it seems just about fine overall, its probably not 24c but perhaps around 30c ambient considering the heat on the window and everything?

I guess 24°C is pretty chilly to someone that just got AC...
By the way, I always had an AC. Its just that it was a really crap midea portable 9kBTU and a portable AC is indeed a piece of **** I have no words to compare it with the one I have now.

And what you wear to stay in that room? I mean I always lived in hot places where there is no snow at all, I've set it to 24c and it seems just about fine overall, its probably not 24c but perhaps around 30c ambient considering the heat on the window and everything?

Gym shorts and no shirt :rofl:
We may get snow once a year here. Twice if the weather is really ambitious.
It's definitely hotter there though.

You're crazy ATM. You must have added layers of skin. Gimme 25c-30c and everything will be alright.

As promised the update about the GPU, been using it extensively with and without AC. When using with the AC the temps don't go above 40~50c max usage and when using without the AC 56~70c max.

Back