• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED dead gpu, should i remove the heatsink and use it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

hi, my gpu fan spins but gives black output on hdmi, i got a new gpu, it workes, i sent it to warranty and they said they can't fix it! (the warranty was over:( )

so i thought i could remove the heatsink and use it for my raspberry pi or fun experimental :D should i do that? i mean that gpu is completely useless now right?!

sorry if this sounds stupid :D i just want to make sure i won't waste lots of money :p

edit: can't delete it !!!!! i

Last edited:
lol i wouldn't risk that :D also i heard on here that it releases some toxic gases or something ! :D
+ i don't think my father will let me do that xD

anyway, if i do, i will buy some butter for frosting xD

so i thought i could remove the heatsink and use it for my raspberry pi or fun experimental should i do that? i mean that gpu is completely useless now right?!
Its up to you man... GPU is useless, what you want to do with the heatsink is on you.

i just wanted to be sure its useless first :) i paid a lot for it :) i removed the heatsink :D now im having fun attaching it to everything (my face, the router, my phone, my laptop :D and checking temps)

sorry i wanted to remove the thread, there was no remove button :(

I've found that GPU heatsinks are so specialized they're pretty much useless for anything else. But if you
find a use for one I'd like to hear about it.

Lol :D

Btw
First use: a rasp pi

Second : thermoelectric stuff! Main :D im planning to make a mini fridge :D

Third, cooling my coffee :D

Btw, intel stock coolers are dirt cheap here xD if i really needed one i woild just buy it !

Last edited:
Back