• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holy smokes. What a MB! ASRock X99 Extreme11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
Complete overkill which is why I like it and posting this video. Playing the lotto next week. This is complete and utter madness!!! :rofl:

Nice, I'm still on X79...was tempted to go with the cheap hexa core and a mb upgrade but not sure just yet.
Strangely enough, it'd be cheaper if I upgrade and find a buyer for my mb than just getting a 3930k/4930k, go figure.
Octo cores are too expensive for me right now :/

I think I've just seen my new computer (though I'll probably use a Xeon E5-2687W v3 (higher clock speed) and replace the 780Ti's with an additional Titan for 3x SLI)

What parts are you blown away by GTX?

Um, 18 SSDs (in Raid?)/ 10 SATA3 + 8 SAS3 , PCI-E x16/x16/x16/x16, 12 Power Phases.......I don't know any other high end board that has the same or more.

Well, the PCIe lanes and power phases are nothing to write home about, but that is a lot of SATA/SAS ports!

I drooled over the 18 core processor. 36 threads!!! mmmmmmmm

Z

18 SATA/SAS ports but on a different controllers and even SATA is not working as all 10 ports in RAID but 6 max so the same as on "standard" boards:
"RAID is supported on SATA3_0 ~ SATA3_5 ports only."

So it's more like 6 port SATA RAID + 8 port SAS/SATA RAID. It still looks good but could be better looking at connectors.
I wonder how many pcie lanes have these controllers. I had no free drives to check Intel one on X99 boards and at least in this case it should be the same connection on all boards. LSI controller is probably connected to more lanes.

that tiny fan is scary , I dumped my x79 asrock 11 just because the noise of its fan .
cant understand why they did the same with x99, asus x99 ws got the same PLX but with a big heat sink instead .

I'm amazed that ASRock is finally making videos with intelligible English speakers. I never understood the "Engrish" in their videos before.
I still don't like the board. It's ugly. But it's a good board.

I'm amazed that ASRock is finally making videos with intelligible English speakers. I never understood the "Engrish" in their videos before.
I still don't like the board. It's ugly. But it's a good board.

By all means that is one heck of an ugly board.

The setup is overkill, but still fun to see what scores they get for different things.

At the end of the day, this board will possibly be cheaper than the WS, and the dual m.2 is nice touch.

Why not sell those and go for 980 Classifieds? :p

Uhm...because 1 Titan is cheaper than 3 980s, which allows me to put the money into other parts of the system, like the Xeon E5 2687 CPU, 64GB DDR4, and 14 Crucial 512GB SSDs

Back