• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need fast advice on motherboard choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

I currently have http://www.microcenter.com/product/427650/GA-H81M-H_LGA1150_mATX_Intel_Motherboard
that motherboard. I get that price off ANY motherboard on this list. Im looking to spend 30-50 more dollars on an upgrade. What would be my best choice from this list? I have a 4690 k, GTX 580, evo 840, Wd BLACK 64 cache, 4 GB 1600(also curious about a ram upgrade, I want a motherboard that can handle FAST memory and i want to buy 8 Gigs ogs 1800MHZ + memory. I dont even think my current motherboard will support more than 1600 and im sure its bottlenecking me.

Here is my list of choices, I am going now, I will look for responses on my phone..

http://www.microcenter.com/search/s...-Motherboards-:-Computer-Parts-:-Micro-Center

I'd go for a Z97-HD3 or Z97 Pro4

For RAM grab some G.SKILL 2x4GB 2133MHz CL9

im a basic non overclock user.. but i do wanna get FAST memory.. arent any of those cheaper 80$ boards okay.. god you guys kill me every time !! :x. oh yeah and i got my benq xl2411 z. i have god as a PC in CSGO.

You're on overclockers, of course we're going to suggest robust parts.

For non overclocked parts, H97M Pro

i like that board and the price, but can i get 1866 ram, or should i just get 4 more GB of 1600 and call it a day?

Just get one that myself or witchdoctor recommended and be done

yeah, i have everything i need to have a speedy pc. after i grab this motherboard and ram, and then a video card.

580 is solid..

580 is solid if its the 3GB version. Otherwise, even gaming at 1080p, you could easily be filling the ram which can cause stuttering/hitching due to it paging out to system ram.

Check this thread out and see how many titles are darn close or over that 1.5GB mark. These days the minimum for 1080p is 2/3GB for 'max' settings.

yeah i really just play csgo.. So faster ram and a new motherboard would be nice upgrades. or is the 1600 fine for now, just get 8gb of it?

- - - Updated - - -

ive only got like 100 dollars to spend today max. want to spend 70

i have to get a motherboard regardless before the 30 days runs up and im stuck with what i linked above... I just want a good quality one for around 90 bucks that can support the faster ram in the future, and has the front USB 3 adapter. the big plug thing..

Even a budget board, like you have can support that ram (2133)...

While there are performance increases with faster ram, it really isn't much... I mean you are going to spend what, $90 on a board and another $90 on ram for 1-2% performance increases? 1600Mhz is fine, just grab the board. :)

(This is why I asked before if you knew why you wanted faster ram)

Back