• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows falsely reporting disk space used?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luke1978

Anyone have this happen? There is only ~200gb or so of actual data on the drive (D:/) wtf over ><
wtfhdd.PNG

Use a program like WinDirStat to see what is taking up the space.

Thid all that guide does (for me) is bring up internet search results, the first being the guide you linked ironically enough. Just went to Control Panel > File History and turned it off though. Wish I knew how it got turned on.

No idea why my link does not work for you as it loads for me even now. :shrug:

Glad you got it figured out.

had something like this happen on my mom's pc. it mostly sat unused so it was odd when she went to do taxes and it was saying out of space. had to use a dos promt to see the directories since nothing i did in windows would show them. somehow her pc got hijacked and was used to house alot of data/files. after getting them unhidden and running virus scans ect, nothing like that has happened again. i find it interesting that someone was able to do that considering the changes made for users and admin rights when i set it up.

Back