• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New GTX 970-can't run HDMI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mattyts

Registered
I recieved my 970 (iChill edition) this morning.

It has:

1 DVI port
1 HDMI port
4 Display ports

My 2 monitors have:

1 (Primary) : VGA,DVI
2 (secondary): VGA,DVI,HDMI

I have the DVI to the first monitor and HDMI to the second but the second isn't working, Windows & Nvidia control centers both show that the monitor is ''there'' and I can drag stuff accross the screens but there's simply no image and the power button isn't on the second monitor.

Any solutions? I have 2 x Displayport to DVI adaptors on the way to see if that fixes the issue.

how can you drag stuff across the screens and NOT see the image on the second monitor?

I went to open ''Computer'' and although it wasn't on the first monitor?you could see as I opened it,it expanded left onto the second monitor.

Are you sure your second monitor is set to the correct port and that it works properly with another HDMI device?

Are you sure your second monitor is set to the correct port and that it works properly with another HDMI device?

How would I change ports? I cannot guarantee it works with another HDMI output.

Have you tried the hdmi monitor without the DVI monitor connected? Back in the day sometimes cards were only designed to only be able to use either an HDMI or a DVI and not both together.

Update- HDMI output from card to my TVs HDMI input works,possibly a faulty HDMI port on the monitor?

There's a button on the monitor to select which port to use. Check the manual.

This, when I switch cables on my monitors from HDMI to Display Port cable the monitor will come on and say for instance (HDMI no signal, the old setting) I then have to set the monitor to the new Display port cable I am using so that it can be seen.

Some monitors will auto switch, but then many who used the different inputs as a KVM complained that when a source went into power save, the monitor would change inputs by itself. Thus, it's not as popular a feature as it used to be.

Back