• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCF Benching Team t-shirts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much are you willing to spend on a T-Shirt?

• $25 ($27 for 2XL)

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • $27.50 ($29.50 for 2XL)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • $30 ($32 for 2XL)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • As Cheap As Possible - $18 ($20 for 2XL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Heard back from my guy....our design on a super high quality t-shirt comes out to about $17 ($19 for 2XL) without shipping.

Been thinking about the t-shirts and our benching team a lot lately and trying to come up with ideas on how we might be able to build enthusiasm, recruit more teamates, increase competition (both within the team and overall) and generally spice things up a bit. One thing that comes to mind is more competitions with prizes for winners.

That, of course, requires some cash (or sponsorship which we, as a team, should discuss and try to pursue) along with potentially some hardware donations.

So...going to start a poll for this thread to guage what you all think about perhaps making this a benching team fundraiser. What do you all think? Figure that the price, including shipping to US48 comes out around $20/t-shirt ($22 for 2XL). Would you folks be willing to pay maybe $25? How about $27.50 or $30?

Anyway...just want to put this idea out there. Will go ahead and set up a poll so, once it's there, please cast your vote. We're not getting these in time for the holidays so will keep the poll open for a week or 2 before we decide which route to go on this.

ALSO....and very important and need help....we need to give the guy full-sized images of all graphics and text WITH CLEAR BACKGROUNDS. Does anyone know how to do this and be able to help?

Thanks so much for your patience and consideration.
-Stefan

UPDATE: Ummm....does anyone know how I can create a poll for this thread? Thinking the following:
Do you want to support the team by paying a little extra for each t-shirt?
- Yes, $25 ($27 for 2XL) seems fine
- Yes, $27.50 ($29.50 for 2XL) works for me
- Yes, I'd even pay $30 ($32 for 2XL) to help out
- Nah, keep them as cheap as possible

Last edited:
Send me the full size images of the final products and I'll get the backgrounds removed :thup:

Vote for $ 25.00

every four shirts would be an extra shirt

In for 2 XL's

I think one should go to the designer for free as he put a lot of work into this

I would buy one for myself and one to donate to the cause (prizes):D

I'm glad this is moving along nicely.

I agree 25$ because the extra would fill the gap in the order and leave extra shirts to give as prizes.

Think we see how this is going so $25 ($27 for 2XL) plus shipping it is.

ATMINSIDE- Thanks man! Will send the files over tonight or tomorrow.

Am going to open an official for sale thread for the t-shirts. Will post the orders from this thread there and mark them as "Tentative". Since we now know pricing, would kindly request that everyone post their orders to that thread and/or otherwise confirm their tentative orders.

Any help that folks (including admins) can provide in 'getting the word out' and driving some t-shirt sales would be much appreciated!

Thanks Witchdoctor but hold on to it for now.

Mods- Where should I post a thread for "Benchmarking Team T-Shirts for Sale"? Would it be at all possible to put it as a top-level sticky in the classifieds section for a couple weeks? Any of you have thoughts about how we can make this visible and get some traffic?

Thanks Witchdoctor but hold on to it for now.

Mods- Where should I post a thread for "Benchmarking Team T-Shirts for Sale"? Would it be at all possible to put it as a top-level sticky in the classifieds section for a couple weeks? Any of you have thoughts about how we can make this visible and get some traffic?

I'm wondering if we could get permission to put it in the Bench team section as a sticky. Hopefully this will be an ongoing sale to continue raising funds.

That's a good thought Johan45!

Hmmm...I'm wondering if it'd be possible to put a sticky in all sections (Cooling, CPUs, Motherboards, etc). Since we're doing digital, we can order extras whenever we want (I'll double check that there's no time limit for re-orders) with a link to wherever we put the actual For Sale thread.

So, will the T-shirts be up for anyone with cash? Or restricted to BT members?

I don't think we'd be able to get it stickied outside of the benching section. If we put it in the classifieds I assume under miscellaneous. Doesn't hurt to ask though!

T-shirts will be available to anyone who wants them I reckon

Hmmm...maybe we could get something visible posted on the actual overclockers.com front page? Maybe add it to the visual rotation of 'featured content'?

Yeah...Miscellaneous Hardware seems weird but likely the right place. Not sure if many people actually look in there, though

Stickied in here sounds great (public benchmarking section), with a reference to the FS thread in the classifieds. This way you are advertised in here and in public as well while still following the selling outside the classies rules (though this is a one off regarding the intent of the rule).

EDIT: I like the front page idea, but more in an article form. I'm not sure how we can add a picture without an article attached (shortcoming of mine, not our wordpress backend) but we can look into it.

Last edited:
FS thread is now open here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/753840-FS-Benching-Team-t-shirts!

Will get the images to ATMINSIDE so he can make all the backgrounds clear.

All orders that were done in this thread have been placed in the 'TENTATIVE' category in the FS thread. As/when folks adjust/confirm their orders, will place them in the CONFIRMED category.

Admins- Anything that you can do to increase visibility and/or drive more traffic to the FS thread would be great.

Back