• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCF Benching Team t-shirts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much are you willing to spend on a T-Shirt?

• $25 ($27 for 2XL)

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • $27.50 ($29.50 for 2XL)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • $30 ($32 for 2XL)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • As Cheap As Possible - $18 ($20 for 2XL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

funsoul

Hi Folks!

As there seems to be some interest in t-shirts, checked with a buddy of mine who does these kinds of things and wanted to post a thread to gauge interest, come up with a design, etc.

The 'magic number' is 36 t-shirts as anything less isn't really economically feasible. My thought is to go with nice, heavy t-shirts with a 2-4 color design and printing on the front and back of each t-shirt. Tried to figure out a cost/t-shirt but we need to know what we want to do before my buddy can give me an actual quote. If we go with 36, multi-color, heavy t-shirts with a design on the front and back they'd be something in the $20-25-ish range depending on what we want to do. Some folks go for 3-4 colors, smaller design on the front and maybe 2 colors, full-sized design on the back but I figure if we really want to do this we should just come up with what we want and go with that rather than trying to save a couple bucks per t-shirt.

Black t-shirts (imho) are the best but are the most expensive from a printing standpoint as they take multiple color shots. Think of it like the difference between painting a white wall (where you might get away with a single coat of paint) vs. a dark wall (primer plus couple coats of paint). The other aspect that makes a significant cost difference is when the colors are actually touching each other as opposed to even as little as a 1/16th" space between each color.

As an initial thought....thinking a black t-shirt. On the front have a complete ocf logo (like in the upper-left of this page), skip a couple lines then Benching Team (or some such thing) in white....maybe in the upper-left of the t-shirt then a full-sized image/print on the back of the t-shirt with some awesome design and the official ocf logo and "Benching Team" along the bottom and perhaps some witty/fun benching-related statement?

Anyway...I just wanted to put this idea out here. If you're interested, post in this thread along with any/all ideas you have for what you'd like to see. Hopefully we've got someone graphically inclined who could create/post designs that the group could critique until we get something everyone likes. If enough people are interested, I'll get a firm price quote from my buddy once we've got our design. As an aside, even if we can't get to 36...if people are willing to chip in, maybe we could have extras to give out as prizes and such?

Thoughts?

Here's a list of nicks, # of t-shirts and sizes:
OptyTrooper- 1, Large
Silver_Pharoah- 1, XL
Janus67- 1, Large
Blaylock- 1, XL
rayraysfunhouse- 2, Medium
Witchdoctor- 3, XL (2 plus 1 extra for the prize kitty)
Johan45- 2, XL
jiccman1965- 2(?), 4X
devlos- 1, L
Scout- 1, XL
MetalRacer- 2(?), size?
Woomack- 1 XL, 1 XXL
ATMINSIDE- 2, Medium (1 + 1 extra for the prize kitty)
EarthDog- 1, XL
rezasam- 1, size? (Johan45, can you check what size he wants?)
funsoul- 4, XL (2 for me plus 2 extra for the prize kitty)
Hippogriff- 1, L
TBrooks- 1, L

Last edited:
2nd one with more visible sign would be good.

Because of shipping costs I could take 2-3. All depends from design etc.

I spoke to rezasam1 and he's cool with it. I'm sure he could possibly make the second image with overclockers in white or brighter colour.

Not sure what you mean by "2nd one with more visible sign". Yeah...I'd probably also take a couple (I'd also be willing to chip in so the team can have extras to use as prizes or whatever).

Definitely interested in some cool design on the front/back. Not sure about the car theme, though. Maybe a dragon? Ninja? Some other warrior type imagery? No doubt rezasam1's work is dazzling!

If at all possible (everything is open, of course)....it'd be great if we could do something where the colors wouldn't touch each other. I'll get quotes for anything/everything that we can agree on but the overlapping thing adds a few bucks/shirt (maybe $25-27 with overlaps, $20-23 without). Please do not hold me to these numbers! My guy wouldn't give me a real quote but I was able to squeak a ballpark out of him. Again, we won't know for sure until we can come up with a design. Maybe for now, best is just to come up with the most crazy awesome one then get a quote. Then we can decide what to do as far as simplifying if needed.

He meant the second pic I posted with the Overclockers more visible Me thinks. I'm sure it could be modified.

Whew! It looks like he can do anything he can imagine imho! Harder part is coming up with stuff he might try for us.

Maybe if we start thinking about what we would like on it....figure ideas on the following might help get us going (plus my initial thoughts):
- team spirit- animal, human, object, real, imaginary, etc, etc (thinking something mythical..warrior, dragon, hmmm...)

- team slogan- (couldn't find it, think it was bobnova, but always laughed when i saw something like...how much voltage is inversely related to how much you care or something along those lines. also things like going for gold or killing it trying. Possibilities are kinda endless on slogans but above were just a couple thoughts)

Ideas??

Just the logo & kill the preformance community BS and replace with slogan

The edge of out of control

or somthing

Just the logo & kill the preformance community BS and replace with slogan

The edge of out of control

or somthing
Good stuff WD! I'd certainly be open to the idea of just the logo and slogan on the front (and/or back). Decent slogan shot! Hmmm...is that from a song? Sounds familiar

In addition to logo and slogan would also like 'benching team' (maybe). Hhmmm...maybe a smaller thing on the front of the t and a larger thing on the back? Or maybe on the front, do something that is not as big as the full front but maybe just takes up around the top 1/3rd of the front (with room between the top of the something and the bottom of the neckline)? Or more like the top-left pocket kinda area?

I would keep it simple, spend the cash on quality silk screening that will last

Not that rubbery crap that comes off in the wash

Maybee I can win one ....... :rofl:

We actually had t-shirts made a few years ago for the 2011 benching party. I can't remember who designed it unfortunately. But I still wear it on occasion.

Basically says Overclockers benching party 2011 with a thermos pouring ln2 with the words go cold or go home written below.

If you'd like I can take a pic and post it here. I believe we all paid 20-25 for them.

rezasam1 just sent me this I asked if he could put benchmark team instead of community.

ocb1.jpg

I'm in for a shirt.

I'll work on a quick mock up later this week, I've got something in mind already.

I vote to keep the design semi-simple, it'll be much easier to read.

Minus the spelling mistake :p

The design is cool for a wallpaper, but would be too complicated for a t-shirt me thinks. Also, shouldn't it probably be frost/snow not flames? :D

I believe it was splat that designed the last t-shirt after reading through the old party thread in the lounge.

Last edited:
Ya I mentioned to Reza that we'll likely need something simpler for the screening and cost factors. Maybe he'll come up with something else. I really didn't expect this one he PM'd me with it this morning.
He just sent a few more, I picked these two, what do you think

OCF2.jpg
OCF1.jpg

I asked if he could get a bit of cold creeping out of the thermos.

Last edited:
Much better.
When I'm back at my computer I'll show you the logo I'm thinking of.

Good idea! Here is one that rezasam did for me a long time ago. We used it as a background for a contest. Could be cleaned up and simplified a bit. Remove "intel"

BENCHOCF.jpg

Back