• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990FX fsb increase

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manu2b

HI guys,

I found a Sempron in my drawer, which I put on the spare SB I have here in Corsica.

Max FSB is 242.

Any tip to increase it a little bit? ;)

Are you certain that's the max FSB. Could just be your OC limit with cooling/chip. You could drop the multi to find out if it's a FSB limit. The only thing I can say is just pay attention to ram/HT and NB speeds I had my 140 up to 325 on a CHV-z and nearly 350 with DICE on a 790 board.

Depends on what you HT and NB frequencies are, the multiplier your running, and the NB voltage you're currently at. I've been over 330 on mine.

I have multi @12, RAM@1200, NB@1800 and HT@1600 with FSB@242.

HIghest temp 32°C...

Try keeping the HT close to 2000 and I would also up the NB 24-26-- with some CPU_NB volts and then pour on the coals. Both of mine reached a spot where they just need more power. You can check my subs for settings if you want just remember I have very good cooling http://url.hwbot.org/1p37H3d

Thanks Johan,

What I find weird is that I am stuck @242 FSB...

Tried with all setting as close as possible to stock (within a few MHz), and when I up FSB above 242, no boot, and then "overclocking failed"...

With the FSB@242, CPU is [email protected](2.8stock) with 1.4v (1.36v stock), and temp under P95 does not exceed 33°C...

Like I said before to determine if it's a bus limit or not drop the multi by 1 and see if you can up the bus after that. Have you tried up to 1.45v or higher?

I did.

Settings (not in front of the rig rifgt now):
FSB:242
Multi:11.5 (instead of 14, stock)
=> freq 2800MHz

Ram: 1200'ish (stock 1333)
NB: +/- 1800MHz (stock)
HT: +/- 1600MHz (stock)

No success...

No boot above 242.

^

What voltage?

Edit: everything run@stock speed, as I try t find the max FSB.
CPU/NB/HT/RAM multis have been changed to match the stock speed.
Only thing that change is the base clock speed.

What voltage should I increase?
Neither vcore, ram, or CPU-NB, or am I missing something?

NB volts to 1.2
CPU/NB volts to 1.3
Vcore to 1.5
NB frequency to around 2400
HT frequency to around 2000
Multi to 11

This should get you into the 300 FSB range.

F..k!

No success...

Tried with lower multi as well (down to 8), still stuck@242.

Will have a look again tomorrow (it's 3AM here).

^I think so.

I bhelieve these Sempron behave much like the Denebs, right?

Ya I find it strange the Sabo won't go over 242. Did you clear the CMOS before you out this sempy in?

It's worth a shot. Might not clear things up but....

Back