• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time loop build - any advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vMax65

Hi All, first time moving to a custom loop after many years on AIO's. Finally took the plunge and have installed my first loop which is a EK-DCP 2.2 Pump with a Alphacool ST-30 240 radiator and a EK Supreme LTX block (went for a low cost option) on a i7-4790k. I used to have the Corsair H100i in push / pull but with this setup the I have just gone push as the temps have been better than the H100i... I have been stressed for nearly three days worrying about leaks... I will be changing the coolant or maybe tubing to white next. Happy with the temps as the CPU under p95 now doesn't go above 65 degrees and idles in the low 20's so will now start to push the CPU... If you guys can tell me if I am doing anything wrong or perhaps some advice, plead do give it.

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

Nice rig! I worry about your liquid, it's good you will be changing to 'Just distilled water and a biocide'. You'll have to really rinse many many times to get the funny blue stuff out.

Nice rig! I worry about your liquid, it's good you will be changing to 'Just distilled water and a biocide'. You'll have to really rinse many many times to get the funny blue stuff out.

Ok will do as you say... I knew in the back of my mind I should just gone for the coloured tubing rather than the coolant. Will learn and move to coloured tubing with just distilled water and a biocide... Thanks Conumdrum for your thoughts.

:welcome: to OCFs.

Nice looking rig you got there. Con is right, go distilled water and colored tubing.

:welcome: to OCFs.

Nice looking rig you got there. Con is right, go distilled water and colored tubing.

Thanks GTXJackBauer, will do as the both you and Con have suggested... Just had a look at your build logs and wow!!!! a long, long way have I to go before I get there.

Back