• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A4-4000 doesn't boot into windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manu2b

Well, so after having sorted the Sempron, wanted on OC a bit this little A4-4000.

I can take the BCLK up to 145.

It boots, but it stays stuck for like one minute at the windows "splash screen" and then gives a blue screen, even wit a base clock of 105.

So, tried differnet Sata ports, AHCI to IDE, same issue.

ANy clue?

The locked (non K) APUs are really not over-clockable since the PCI-e bus and the BCLK are not separated. The PCI-e bus just won't take hardly any frequency change.

Last edited:
Thanks Trent!

Edit: but if it was a PCI-e freq issue, should it not even boot?

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, it was 105 was no go and something above 122 but less than 135 was about it for those boards and cpus. I am scratching my head trying to remember for certain. I know that the CPU_NB had to have some serious voltage as well.
RGone...

Thanks RGone.

I tried from 105 to 145 with the same result (above, "overclocking failed"):
It boots, and stay a couple of minutes on the windows logo with the circle, then get a blue screen.

On the next boot I have the options for windows repair.

Anything I choose, on the following boot, it behaves the same (BSOD and options for windows repair on the next boot).

While navigating on the windows repair options, there's no problem.

It just seems that something goes wrong when windows load.

If it's anything like my 5350 Kabini it works much better if you add a GFX card. Not saying that'll help you but it did me.

Ahhh... That's interesting!

The FSB certainly has an impact on how the iGPU behaviour.

I dont use discrete graphics with A8_3850. A simple bios update and an HDMI cable works wonders, the cpu runs up to 3600mhz daily on air.

Good luck and have fun!

I've updated to the last A55BM-Plus bios yesterday.

Well, I'll be a bit of OC'ing in the next couploe of days as I finally put some interest in BF4 multi (you know, I got like 8 coupons for it with the AMD card last year, and never played multi :screwy:, lol!).

Thanks ShrimpBrime.

Edit: I might also drink less coffee if I want to reduce typos and increase my k/d ratio above 0.18...

Back