• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF4. Is it playable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
unistall then reinstall seems to have fixed my framerate issue. I still get a crash where the game just closes and I am back at desktop. Seems to happen every 3-4 rounds played.

Edit: Nevermind, I spoke too soon. I am still having the slowdowns, but it seems to be from a memory leak. I got the slow framerates then switched to task manager to find that bf4 was using 8GB by itself.

I guess I will give up on bf4 until I find out the cause.

Last edited:
Ya know, I was just thinking (see the smoke...)... superx do you have your pagefile disabled by chance? If so enable one. I have 16GB of ram, only use around 6GB, but my PF when playing is another almost 6GB. Perhaps the game requires one or if you haveone and its a fixed size it isn't big enough?

I have a memory leak but it's only when the misses is spanking me. :D
Fixed

Last edited:
I double checked my pagefile setting. it was at 4gb -6Gb. I increased it and will check for any improvement.

I disabled crossfire. Seems to have fixed my issues. I don't know when they broke it, but I get better fps with it off. I played a few rounds with no crashing or problems, besides I am not good at the game.

Earthdog, are you on windows 8 or 7? I wonder if win 8.1 has something to do with it also.

Back