• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any tech sites that benchmark at high levels of AA (>= 8x)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

I'm a low-res gamer (I actually switched back to my 1600x1200 CRT from my AOC 1080p panel) so
I try to run the highest level of AA I can get. For some games I've seen a noticeable
difference forcing 16xQ CSAA and 8xSSAA transparency (GTA-San Andreas, Quake 4, Bioshock, Bioshock 2)
because the textures are sharpened up.

I can see for high-res gaming it's irrelevant, but for 1080p it should still be relevant (the difference in the
number of pixels in 1600 x 1200 and 1080p is less than 8%).

I'm not sure who reviews higher than in game settings. None of the major outlets do that I can think of.

If you don't get any hits, here you can always Google 'xxxxxxx reviews' (where xxxxxxx = name of gpu). You can then search the hits for reviews that give you what you are looking for... If any 'official' review sites even do such a thing in the first place.
(Sorry... I'm mobile)

Edit: there is a site that test 'highest' settings for a given game. If that game goes up to 8x and the gpu gets over 30fps it will be on there. I have to think of its name though... Shoot.

I can only think of a modern game or two that even allows over 8x. Dirt and grid do iirc.

Back