• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Distributed Computing for fighting Ebola?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think it is too late for that.
In the sense that it takes months to develop "cores" and WU's for folding at home....
Though, I would be 100% on board for folding for ebola :thup:

It would be in their great interest to have Folding@Home fight Ebola. If nothing else, they'll probably see a record participation level.

In a couple of months, everybody will have forget about Ebola, did anybody give a **** the fast fourty years?

No, nobody...

Because it's for Africa, you know?

And Africa is only good to be looted (oil, gas, gold, timber, and a few centuries ago, men and women).

Edit: forgot about uranium, jewels, manganese. And a good place to sign juicy weapon contracts...

I don't think Africa's tragic history or present for that matter has any affect on the Ebola concerns. It's a major concern because it's turning into a fast growing global pandemic.

It's a pandemic in Africa, not in Europe/US.

We might see a few cases, but that's it.

That's changing fairly quickly. The way the CDC is mis - handling this means it's going to get MUCH worse before it gets better.

After doing some research, Folding@Home does do some research on various viral diseases. Therefore, it would likely help efforts to fight Ebola even though it doesn't specifically target it. Would be nice if they added a few projects that did target Ebola so that they can "sell" it as a way to fight Ebola - and no doubt get a "viral" swarm of new Folders.

Back