• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this setup work for my build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n3xtgen

Registered
Hi all!
Been out of the game for a while, finally decided to get back in. This time I am going to try watercooling! :D
I have done some reading and decided to look at the following parts for my build. Please let me know what you think, if there is something better, or if it will work:

Current System:
CPU: i7 920 (not overclocked but planning on it)
Motherboard: EVGA x58 SLI LE
Case: Coolermaster StormTrooper

Planning on hooking up like this: Pump/Reservoir > CPU > Radiator and then back to the Pump/Reservoir

Parts:
CPU Blocks
EK Supremacy EVO Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Full Nickel CSQ
or
Heatkiller Rev 3.0
or
Apogee XL

PUMP
MCP355 + XSPC Acrylic Tank Reservoir for Laing DDC (Multiport)

RADIATOR
MCRx20-XP "eXtreme Performance" Radiator Series (Triple 120mm)

TUBING
XSPC 1/2 ID, 3/4 OD High Flex 2m (Retail Coil) - RED/UV ORANGE

FITTING
XSPC G1/4 to 1/2 Barb Fitting (Chrome) (6 of them?)

I will not want to be doing watercooling for my GPU at the moment but maybe in the future.
Are there any parts im missing that I need?
Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

You'd get more performance by taking the money you're going to spend on watercooling and buying in to Z97.

I would like to learn/practise how to setup a watercooled system :). If everything works out fine I will start to upgrade my entire system :)

If you're truly a beginner, just start with a XSPC 750 kit for CPU only loop or spend a bit more for the D5 kit if you'll be adding more to the loop down the road.

I'd still go with ATM's recommendation and go with the Z97. Then you can "practice" on that and have a much better rig. As soon as you watercool that 920 you're going to want to upgrade.

Back