• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tomb Raider for $5 on Steam right now!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't know, maybe I'm the only person that doesn't throw money in the trash... $2.90 is a gallon of gas :D

I just wanted to let bamato know that I don't think he missed out on anything by not getting the GOTY edition.

tr.png

still chugging its countdown in the uk.

think I`ll go for the regular size tomb raider.
extra sprinkles version seems pointless to me having no intent on multiplayer.

wish they had put Giana Sisters twisted dreams on offer yesterday when I bought it... still retro fun with eye candy :cool: worth it.

I don't know, maybe I'm the only person that doesn't throw money in the trash... $2.90 is a gallon of gas :D

I just wanted to let bamato know that I don't think he missed out on anything by not getting the GOTY edition.

You're not the only one. Watch your pennies and your dollars will watch themselves

Is there some point in the game where Lara has to pick a good little runner and decent roadside recovery plan :sly:

all these spoilers... I`ve only just downloaded it :D

Is there some point in the game where Lara has to pick a good little runner and decent roadside recovery plan :sly:

all these spoilers... I`ve only just downloaded it :D

Sorry if there were any spoilers in this thread. All I said was that you shoot a deer. Lara's big boobs need nutrition! Although, I think they may not be getting enough... they really shrank since last time I played a Tomb Raider game. Went down about 2 or 3 cup sizes... I'd have preferred the resources for the hair physics in the latest TR were used for boob physics but that's probably just me.

knew I should have a better GPU than a 520m... she`s only got adequate melons on my computer :-/
probably have to snare a rabbit when I get to the same spot you played up to :D
as long as she doesn't have to fill up at a gas station I`m ready to rock... with my texture mapping I may put in diesel by mistake :)

knew I should have a better GPU than a 520m... she`s only got adequate melons on my computer :-/
probably have to snare a rabbit when I get to the same spot you played up to :D
as long as she doesn't have to fill up at a gas station I`m ready to rock... with my texture mapping I may put in diesel by mistake :)

The game is running like butter on my 580 1.5GB. I have AA and AF at 2X and no TressFX on the hair. I'm enjoying the game. I'm 3 hours into it now. The environments are very well crafted. It doesn't have "OMG WOW!" graphics, but it does have compelling graphics. It was worth the money I spent on it. Can't say I'd be happy had I spent $50 on it though. I'd be disappointed. But for under $5 I'm quite happy. The quick time events make me angry though. I loathe quick time events... so lame... And there are a LOOOOT of them in this game.... (Is that a spoiler??? I don't think it is. Plz don't get mad at me if you do...)

I never meant the spoiler thing in the slightest... just amused me we talked about the price of starbucks coffee and fuel prices on a tomb raider thread. lol

for £2.99 I`m not complaining :D

I checked out the minimum specs before I bought it... seems potentially playable when I ran the benchmark.
graphics will do me fine. I spend more time in retro games than modern stuff. I just don't posses the interest to learn some alternate reality or the ability to submerse myself into it. As my eyes have got a bit more woolly and reflexes slowed my serious gaming days are over. playability and being allowed to win takes priority. lol

I had a 780 gpu for about a week then gave it away to a close friend for his kids to use. once upon a time I`d get excited about carving edge graphical experiences but I realised I didn't care anymore after I spent a fortune on that card then gave it away. :)

I never meant the spoiler thing in the slightest... just amused me we talked about the price of starbucks coffee and fuel prices on a tomb raider thread. lol

for £2.99 I`m not complaining :D

I checked out the minimum specs before I bought it... seems potentially playable when I ran the benchmark.
graphics will do me fine. I spend more time in retro games than modern stuff. I just don't posses the interest to learn some alternate reality or the ability to submerse myself into it. As my eyes have got a bit more woolly and reflexes slowed my serious gaming days are over. playability and being allowed to win takes priority. lol

I had a 780 gpu for about a week then gave it away to a close friend for his kids to use. once upon a time I`d get excited about carving edge graphical experiences but I realised I didn't care anymore after I spent a fortune on that card then gave it away. :)

You gave away a 780??
When did you buy it? When it was more expensive than a kidney? Or when it was more expensive than a decent mattress? Either way... that's very generous. I can't afford to be that generous with a $650 item myself personally.

when it first came out :rofl:

my friends the closest thing I`ve got to a brother... we even call each other brother and that's unusual being English :)

divide the cost per family member by four just means they consolidated a few Christmas and birthday gifts :D lol

why have a cake or nice card when you can give away a £600 gpu and be held in an eternal good light :)

when it first came out :rofl:

my friends the closest thing I`ve got to a brother... we even call each other brother and that's unusual being English :)

divide the cost per family member by four just means they consolidated a few Christmas and birthday gifts :D lol

why have a cake or nice card when you can give away a £600 gpu and be held in an eternal good light :)

Yes, the eternal good light is a nice thing, but 600GBP? On a single gift? Herm... Maybe for your mother on her birthday but for a friend? Herrg... I couldn't do it. If you have money coming out your you know where then that's cool, but if you're an average lower to middle class person like I am, that's just way too much money.

^^^oh I`m scum raised in the ghetto... just very illustrious and generous to the point of stupidity :D lol
To me they are family and vice versa (insert tragic storyline here...) ;)

I thought the most any production car needed was 91 octane. I thought anything above that was "just 'cuzz" kinda thing...

I've seen plenty of production cars require 93 octane, at least here in the states.

Anyway, grabbed up the base game plus that one single-player DLC. Started playing it last night and didn't stop until this morning. :chair:

I got the settings maxed out at 1600x900 (my monitor's res :() with my HD 7850. I only noticed it hiccup when most of the characters from the ship find Lara and it only slowed down when it showed her floaty hair.

I paid a hefty price for tomb raider... £7.50... which is still a bargain!!

that's the same price as a large Starbucks coffee here to give perspective :shock:
As well you didn't go the whole hog and have both... you`d have had to re-mortgage the house :D

I paid £13 for Giana Sisters twisted dreams and Rise of the owlverlord... bailiffs are coming round next week for a kidney :rain:

Cleaned up some of the off topic posts.

The sale is over, but it will probably be back for the Steam Winter Sale. For those who snagged a copy, enjoy!

Back