• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's in your camera bag

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Post up what's in your camera bag, accessories bags (must be camera gear related)

My Bag.jpg
My Think Tank Streetwalker Hard drive has
Nikon D7100 with Hoodman HoodEYE
Sigma 8-16mm F/4.5-5.6
Sigma 17-50 F/2.8
Sigma 50-150mm F/2.8
Nikkor 40mm F/2.8g
Sekonic l-478D
x2 YongNuo YN-560 III
YongNuo SF-18
Yongnuo YN560-TX
Gary Fong collapsible lightsphere
Gary Fong collapsible speed snoot
Tiffen 77mm UV, 812 warming and circular polarizer
Tiffen 52mm circular polarizer
Nikon MC-DC2
Nikon wireless remote
Rogue Flashbender
Rogue flash gels
Expodisc 2
BlackRapid RS-2
DSTE MB-D15
Giottos Rocket Air Blaster
Schneider 7x7 cleaning cloth
x2 Nikon EN-EL15
Lenspen cleaner
TetherTools Pro 15' USB cable
TetherTools JerkStoppers
Manfrotto 183 for the laptop
Power2000 memory card hold with 8gig, 16gig and x6 32gig memory cards
Spare batteries in Think Tank battery holder
Logitech M525
Dell Inspiron 15 3537 with charger
And from time to time Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB with GH-100, Vanguard ABEO 284 Carbon Fiber Monopod
Also have a Pelican 1560, Lowepro Urban Photo Sling 250 for when I want to take just the camera, strap and flash

Also have lightstand bag for my lights, stands and umbrellas. Need to get another bag for the Westcott Apollo 28" /w grid and Westcott Apollo 16x30" strip light /w grid

Last edited:
I'll show mine later, but I'm not sure how to take a picture of my camera when it is in the bag. :confused:

You are a magician.

Bag

Tamrac Rally 6 (brown/tan) - I really like this bag. It's comfortable but doesn't look like a camera bag, which is good for security's sake. Side note - While it can physically be inserted into the bag, it isn't necessarily a good fit for a gripped body. A good sized body without a grip fits well; with a grip is a little snug, but it still fits.

Body

Canon 70D - First Impressions & Review'ish Thread here.
Neewer BG-1T Grip - On increasingly rare occasions it's gripped with a cheap but effective Neewer grip.

Lenses

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

Flash

Yongnuo YN-500EX
Lumiquest Mini Softbox

Miscellaneous

Spare SD card, spare camera & flash batteries, chargers (for camera & flash batteries), microfiber cloth, rocket blower.

--------

The grip has spent most of its life in its box...the limited benefits (vertical shooting, longer battery life...which can just be extended by swapping batteries) haven't been worth the extra weight and bulk to me.

Now, while all that mess does actually fit in my bag, I rarely take it all along. Because of weight and depending on need I very rarely carry the flash and both the 18-55 & 18-135. Unless I'm doing video, I leave the 18-55 at home and just bring along the 18-135 & 50, leaving the flash, modifier, chargers & rocket blower at home. The extra pocket vacated by the flash is usually taken up by juice boxes/water and the extra lens spot has snacks in it. Such is the life as the parent of a small kid. :)

Heck, to be totally honest, most of the time I don't even bring the Rally 6. I have an older Tamrac bag that just holds the 70D, 18-135, spare memory card, spare battery & microfiber cloth.

Last edited:
camera.jpg

Bag - Lowepro Pro Runner 350
Strap - Black Rapid RS-6, Custom SLR M-Plate Pro (I highly recommend the M-Plate if you do a lot of switching to and from a tripod)
Tripod - Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB
Body - Canon 60D
Lenses - EF-40mm pancake, EF-50mm f/1.4, EF 16-35 f/2.8L II, Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro, occasionally an EF-S 55-250, but can only be used in manual mode
Flash - Canon Speedlite EX-430 II, plastic diffuser, Rosco 1/4 CTO Cut gel
Filters - Lee 100mm filter holder and 82mm wide angle adapter, Lee Big Stopper, Lee Little Stopper, Marumi 58mm CPL
Shutter Release - Phottix TR-90
Misc -Expodisc, 2 spare camera batteries, wall and car charger, 4 spare flash batteries, Lens cloth, Lens Pen, Filter Pen, Giotto Rocket Blower, 2 camera rain covers, gaffer's tape, 2 extra 32GB sd cards, Packable rain coat, gauze pads, bug spray, and fire striker with emergency whistle, and a water bottle (not shown).

Last edited:
I do, but I keep forgetting to take a picture when there is light.

My bag is just getting started:

Amazon Essentials backpack style bag
Nikon D3300
Kit Lense ( NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II AF-S DX Zoom Lens)
35mm 1.8f prime lense (Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens)

That's not even half of it. Not posted is my lighting gear, stands, boomarms, backgrounds and such. Going to calibrate my lenses today. I can't wait to try out the DX version of the holy trinity.

Nice collections of equipment gentlemen.

@ Wicked Klown, there is a newer flash version which is Yongnuo 560 IV with built-in commander.
I got one last month and it works very good if I want some fill-in light occasionally from the camera instead of none from using the 560-TX

I have like 4 various size bag and still not happy. I normally travel light and use a smallest bag. :)
Case Logic SLRC-202BK
I was going to include a picture but my camera is in for service atm. :)
My ball heads taken from Note 3 (45mm, 2x 36mm, 2x 30mm sphere diameter)
16196959880_01b866c320_h.jpg

Last edited:
Will have to take a look at it. I'm trying to decide if I should go with 2 300watt strobes or a few more flashes. Just ordered two Dell U2414H's to replace my single Dell 24".

It's crazy. Sold off my 2 out of 3 Sony speedlights and got bunch of Yongnuos.
I now have 4x 560-III and 3x of 560-IV... darn lights are inexpensive and work so well for me as wireless for mobility.
You should also get a pair of RF-603c II OR RF-605c (newer) which works perfectly as wireless trigger...very reliable.
I have infrared remote but never work too good....and really hate it.

I started with the Yongnuo YN-468 then got the YN-560 III. I later got another 560 III and sold the 468 to a friend, to help get him in to flash. I've been looking at the Yongnuo YN568EXN so I can have HSS and also looking Impact VSD300 x2. I love the Yongnuo's but hate when the batteries die during a shoot.

Back