• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Lian-Li Test Bench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/lian-li-pc-t80-test-bench,27897.html#xtor=RSS-181

MnHno7j.jpg

If you're into benching a lot of hardware, you might want to have a look at Lian Li's latest announcement, the PC-T80. This is a new test bench from the Taiwanese manufacturer, which is built just like the rest of the company's cases, meaning you get a high-quality all-aluminum piece of hardware.

The PC-T80 has a highly modular construction, enabling a wide range of configurations. It is split up into three sections. The top section houses up to an XL-ATX motherboard, along with the graphics cards and CPU cooler. On top of the case you can mount a bracket upon which you can install either three 120 mm fans with a 360 mm liquid cooling radiator or up to three 2.5" or 3.5" hard drives. This bracket can also be mounted in the bottom section of the bench.

The bottom section houses the power supply and a hard drive cage. The cage supports up to three 3.5" drives, and more can be added or removed to make space for other hardware. The middle section of the bench has room for three 2.5" hard drives or SSDs.

You can also use a front I/O module, which has three USB 3.0 ports, the usual pair of headphone jacks, and a power button.

Of course, and as mentioned above, this is a test bench made out of high-quality aluminum, meaning that it actually looks rather striking. As a test bench, it seems a bit too restricting; however, we do expect various modders to be interested in picking one up for building open-air water-cooled PCs. With the right amount of patience it will certainly be possible to build a very neat machine into the Lian-Li PC-T80.

Lian-Li priced the PC-T80 at $169, with availability slated for the end of this month. It will be available in plain aluminum and black anodized aluminum.

A little expensive, but not horrible.

Me like!

I hope that rad/fan holder thing on top is removable (looks like it can go on the back)... where would the (LN2) pot go?!!!

Like a hard table personally being I bench on a contertop. Benching on a table this MB elevation could be just right

Agree ED, looks like there are holes for it on the bottom back side of it

Please let me know once it's available so I can update the sticky.

Here's what Lian Li says, but Newegg seems to dis-agree. Maybe they mean next October? :rain:
pc-t80.PNG

EDIT: I'm sure you know by now E_D, but yes the rad mount can be located on the back leaving plenty of room for your pot.

Back