• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 VCard Powering 2 Monitors @ Low Fan Speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooie

3 years ago I had a GTX275 running two 27” monitors and noticed the video card fan was always running at max all the time. A salesperson told me to buy a 2nd GTX275, one to power each monitor separately. I did that and both cards ran at low fan speeds, success.

Today I’m building a new system, I plan on buying a GTX 770 4GB. Does the above power distribution issue still occur with this generation’s video card technology? Will I need a 2nd card to run my 2nd monitor at low fan speeds?

Thanks in Advance.
Mark

The 275 worked great with 2 monitors. The fan speed would hit max as soon as I started photoshop and watched a movie in fullscreen on the 2nd monitor.

It will be fine. You won't experience any weird fan speeds just running dual monitors.
Nvidia/some ATI cards had some odd multi-monitor issues like that around the 2XX-era but they're fine now.

Last edited:
I'm running three large monitors off my 770 Classified and I've never had an issue with performance or fan speed. I've also run four monitors, and that works, as well.

It sounds like that salesman wanted to make a sale.

Back