• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev 4 + AMD FX-8350 (No display - BIOS update?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chivava

Hello guys,

I've gotten into the problem that after assembling my whole new computer, it drops a black screen on me, whenever I try to turn it on, all the fans are being powered up, so are the GFX and what else.
This is the first time, I have assembled one my self, and also it still havent been fired up, to show anything, please remember that this is a brand new one, so no OS etc is installed.

I've been told so far, that I should probably update the BIOS, but how do I do that, without display?

thanks in advance!

Bios flashing info from manufacturer...

Chapter 5 Section 5-1 Bios Update Utilities is found on page #83 the motherboard
manual. Manual I checked was mb_manual_ga-990fxa-ud3_v.4.0_e.pdf for Rev 4.0 of
that motherboard.

I doubt bios F2 (update raid rom) which is the only updated bios will solve your problem but if you believe so then get the HowToFlash from a Gigabyte publication and not what someone says on a forum since they may have changed some procedure on a newer Rev 4.0 motherboard.

We have only seen maybe two of that UD3 Rev 4.0 posted about maybe twice and neither of them was asking or referring to bios flashing.
RGone...

Does your keyboard light indicators blink/turn on and/or you hear any beeps? If not, you probably have a faulty component. Hard to say which one though.

Tear it all down, remove the mobo from the case, put it on the box it came in with only the CPU, 1 stick of ram and the video card then plug in power to the mobo (24 PIN and 8 PIN) plug power into your video card if required. Once this is done plug power into the PSU and jump the pins for the power on the mobo and see what happens. the v4 of the ud3 should support your cpu out of the box. Also, provide a complete list of what you are building your system with.

Back