• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My planned Loop...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NanoEx

Registered
I'm about to change my cooling to a custom watercooling option.
I've tried to plan the loop as good looking as possible. And this is what i want to go for.

Any suggestions or advices what to do and what to leave ? (Sorry for my bad english tho, not my native language)

Basis.jpg

Setup looks good, just not sure on the temps you will get with 120.5 rad 2 GPUs and a CPU...they will be fine, just warmer than they likely would be with more rad.

Well if that makes a difference, i got 120.3 and 140.2. Alltho i really hope i will get better temps on the CPU then my current h100i can afford.

Not a tremendous difference if any after the loop gets saturated. You have to dissipate over 600W of heat there... (2 250W GPUs and a 125W CPU - all at stock speeds). Like I said, you will be fine, however temps could be better when properly radded for the heatload.

So,
what would i need to get better temps and even overclock the cpu ?

More radiator or tolerate higher speed fans to get the heat out of there. What you have is not a problem/concern at all, but the point (to me) of water cooling is to get better temps than air AND more quiet.

I gues i'm gonna go for better fans with higher pressure since noice isn't an issue for me. Thanks for your advices :3

:welcome: to OCFs.

You could aim at getting higher FPI rads with premium rad fans if you still want to keep everything internal.

That's why he gets paid the big bucks here... :)

Am I missing something? :rofl:

look-at-my-wallet-its-empty.jpg

You will get better temps. In gaming. The CPU works less hard in gaming as the GPU's work harder. Now if your looking at massive benching tests for your goal then you'll need more rad. But for normal gaming you'll be fine. You will only know what your system is capable of at uber load tests till you build it. Don't expect magic, WC is dependant on ambient temps which are 100% linear. You got a cold room, it helps, you got a hot room, then only massive raddage can help. Then the noise you must deal with.

Quick thought, y'all think it would be better to have the tubing run from the 140.2 bottom radiator into the reservoir, then the pump into the top 120.3 top radiator? This way the pump will always have water ready to go.

Quick thought, y'all think it would be better to have the tubing run from the 140.2 bottom radiator into the reservoir, then the pump into the top 120.3 top radiator? This way the pump will always have water ready to go.

Atm I am going from bay res/pump combo to bottom of case going on the way up back to the loop. I am going to change that cause I feel my CPU gets a bit warmer because of the GPU before it. Not a huge difference but in my case, I know I'll save a few degrees as I had in the past prior to the change. But that's just me but either way its fine. CPUs are more sensitive than GPUs hence why I am going back to the configured flow I previously had.

Back