• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with flashing rom for the 780 TI ASUS DC U II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

Hi I have download a custom flash that will unlock voltage control for me . i am limited to 1.212 and i cant reach 1200 mhz which is my final goal . i download nvflash and the rom .
Untitled.jpg

Do you want to flash modded BIOS or have problems with higher voltage ?

If you want to flash it then use command * nvflash bios.rom -4 -5 -6 * what will force flash almost everything ( where bios.rom if your BIOS file name ). Use it in command prompt ( cmd ).

Max for GTX780/Ti will be ~1.25V +/- 0.02V but best is to check it with multimeter on the back of the card. If I'm right you won't be able to set anything higher without soldering on the spots designed for that. ~1.25V should let you make about 1250-1350MHz depends from card.

Last edited:
Is soldering mandatory? I am only trying to reach 1200 mhz stable. The highest I could reach is 1168 with 75 +mv and 115% target limit . Going beyond 1168 causes the screen to go black during gaming and I have to restart

Is soldering mandatory?
No it is not, what Woomack is saying is: If you wanted to go higher then 1.25 V, you would need to solder. Additionally, flashing the BIOS is no guarantee that the card will OC to your expected goal. It's likely that it will but it's just a silicon lottery, you never know what you have until you try it.

Can you help me through the bios flashing process . I'm sorry but I'm a newbie :(
Untitled.jpg
this is my clock boost . stable settings
UPDATE : nevermind ... it crashes in crysis 3 at max settings . and ac black flag .
its only stable in bf3 and bf4

Last edited:
You need modded BIOS for higher power limit and to disable boost. Then you can set manually 3D clock as high as boost clock. In most cards ~1.2V is enough to make 1200MHz+ but on modded BIOS.

You need modded BIOS for higher power limit and to disable boost. Then you can set manually 3D clock as high as boost clock. In most cards ~1.2V is enough to make 1200MHz+ but on modded BIOS.
Can you provide me with instructions.

Just dont set the power limit above 140%.

I fried a 780ti ACX by doing that and benching at 1350core

he is dealing with a better PCB and power section , not to say it can't happen but sure it can do 1.25

nVidia reference power = Weak

he is dealing with a better PCB and power section , not to say it can't happen but sure it can do 1.25

nVidia reference power = Weak

I wont argue that, but I forgot to add it was a Skyn3t Bios so at 150% its sitting at a 450W max TDP

Guys i just figured something abotu . setting the power target too high causes crashes . i played a few conquest matches and a bit of crysis 3 at these settings . no issues so far
Untitled.jpg

Mikesamo, I don't know what BIOS you have but too high power target is causing crashes only when turbo boost is enabled as card is trying to force higher clock than it actually can make stable.
I think that 780Ti has the same OCP/OVP as GTX780 DC2 so max ~1.3-1.31V. You are not able to make it in soft as max is something near ~1.25V under full load. Everything above has to be chnaged using resistor soldered to the points on the back of the card.

Simply, you need BIOS with disabled boost, 1.21V and power limit about 130%. Everything else you can set in software.

Back