• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H81m-e33 motherboard not lining up wit thermaltake v3 case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EpsilonFreak

Just started putting togethery first pc build, and everything is going great, except the screw holes are not lining up on my motherboard on the case. I knows it's compatible, but I'm thinking I've put it in wrong or just not noticing where the screws go. It came with 5 different screws. There is a gold bronze coloured hex sticky up screw (lol sorry, best I could describe it), there are hubcap screw, the tops kinda look like a hubcap. There is also regular old screws, ones that look like they have a hex shaped nut on top, and 4 very tiny screws.

The motherboard looks like it should line up fine with the holes, but it's off by a couple millimetres.

Is it properly seated with the io shield that came with the motherboard? And possibly post a couple pics to help further explain.

You need to take the bronze colored standoffs and screw them into the case where the holes line up with your motherboard. Just use as many as line up with the board, no extras! Then grab some of the other screws and try them in the standoffs so you know which ones will properly screw into the standoffs.

Sorry, haven't figured out how to delete this post on mobile! I'm so dumb, all needed to do was push the metal casing thingy (io shield) in farther and it fit together xD To show how dumb am I, I also tried screwing screws to the right instead of left, and I almost broke the power supply from trying to fit it in without taking the holder out first. -.-

So anyways, I figured it out. Thanks for you answers though! :D

You can't delete the thread, and we don't want you even trying :)
Someone else might find this helpful down the road.

Good point. Even though I might super dumb, I needed these answers that weren't there when I was googling. :D

Back