• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
English guys!!!! lol. It'll probably be a bit after the new year.... (got about $175 and $50-ish every two weeks) and I have a burning hatred for Windows 8.... Also, any opinions on best monitors? Not included in the budget. Looking for a highest quality that isn't too outrageous.

Last edited:
English guys!!!! lol. It'll probably be a bit after the new year.... (got about $175 and $50-ish every two weeks) and I have a burning hatred for Windows 8....

That's pretty silly because you can use classic shell and have win 8.1 behave exactly like Win 7. No Win 8= no direct X 12. Pretty ridiculous for a gaming rig.

Last edited:
It's a software to change the UI of Windows 8/8.1 to look like classic Windows.

English guys!!!! lol. It'll probably be a bit after the new year.... (got about $175 and $50-ish every two weeks) and I have a burning hatred for Windows 8.... Also, any opinions on best monitors? Not included in the budget. Looking for a highest quality that isn't too outrageous.

What's the reasoning behind hating windows 8/8.1

What's the reasoning behind hating windows 8/8.1

waynes_world-2.jpg

shrug.jpg

Lol. Thanks guys. I just think it's dumb to have to deal with all the apps that I don't use and yes, change is bad. I didn't know that a component depends on the version. Alright. FOR THE FINAL TIME, I need a final parts list. I'll do windows 8 with a classic shell, so go work your magic please!!!

It's up to you to pick which build, we've given you quite a few.

Hopefully early. I just read a short article about the reasoning. Also, I think I'm on a go with the one you suggested Admiral Ackbar. So if I wait for the 960, what does the 4790k change?

Hopefully early. I just read a short article about the reasoning. Also, I think I'm on a go with the one you suggested Admiral Ackbar. So if I wait for the 960, what does the 4790k change?

About 25% extra performance in things that use 8 threads instead of 4.
No change for gaming.

I'd stick to the 4690K for your uses.

Back