• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
500 is a pretty tight budget. Doable but tight.

First things first do you have all your peripherals such as Monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and operating system and things of that nature?

Also what resolution are you looking to game at?

Hey guys. so I have completely flipped on the computer idea. I've decided I'm gonna build one, but not as powerful. The new components it needs to accomodate:
Minecraft (max settings, mods, shaders, HD Texture packs, everything)
Recording
Adobe Programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
League of Legends
World of Warcraft

That's pretty much it. I'm looking for a budget around $500-ish. I want some extra in case another product comes out, but it doesn't need the heavy graphic games like Crysis 3, BF4, Skyrim and all that stuff. I'm open to buying or building. Thanks!

May be best to start a new thread. This one is pretty old. Make up your mind though. Don't ask for 4 builds and not build anything ;).

I'm bendable, just not a whole lot. I got everything but OS

- - - Updated - - -

I just wanna know how much I should be looking at for it to run good, not a build list

Is $500 enough to perfectly run all the stuff listed above? I'll go up to $700.

$700 would get you a very nice setup to play most games on high/ultra settings easily. Want us to put together a few builds?

Ok give me a few seconds.

AMD FX6300 build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DHY6yc

AMD 860K Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XvLVbv (this one adds in an SSD)

Intel G3258 Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WQjYbv (also has SSD)

I did forget to add in the OS on these builds so add on roughly $100. All three of these builds could very easily be overclocked. I personally don't have a lot of experience with the Intel side so someone may come and tweak it or completly tear it apart. But all in all these three builds will hold strong gaming power for you.

All have upgrade options and paths. The FX build not so much unless you upgrade to the 8 core FX down the road. But the 860k FM2+ line still is active for AMD and with the intel build you can add in more powerful CPU down the line as well.

Last edited:
In my opinion I would say yes. But the Intel side would eventually have more performance once the CPU is upgraded to an i5. Everyone will set up different builds it just depends on how you will want it to perform. The first one is somewhat identical to mine other than the GPU and CPU is slightly different but mine runs all the games I have great.

Still reasonably priced and more power with the 270X. Big improvement.
Adding an SSD would be even better but that'll be outside your budget.

Build what Rayray just posted you'll be happy.

So the first build is a good starting point?

- - - Updated - - -

And should I take advantage of cyber Monday and order some stuff or wait until I got enough for it all?

Back