• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 970 to get, ordering tonight still can't decide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, So I decided I would like the Gigabyte G1 970 and pulled the trigger on Amazon as I have an Amazon store card, They will ship when they get one and charge my card at that time. So im pretty excited and the waiting game begins. Let this post serve as the measuring stick of the Amazon wait time. I just decided to go ahead and get in line for one when I got to thinking that Christmas is very close and demand will only increase.

W00T :D

Which really got me thinking, If we are waiting shipment to shipment now just how bad will it be in a month when the Christmas holiday season kicks off on Thanksgiving ? Could we be looking at a massive shortage ? anyone seen any press on this ?

Last edited:
Nice rogbur.

I was searching yesterday but all I saw was Out of Stock.

I'm currently waitlisted for the MSI card. The G1's look amazing and I was going to purchase that but the size deterred me. I might be moving to a mini ATX case.

Have fun with those 2!.

One of my G1 cards came today, holy crap it's a good thing I got a Corsair 650D case, these puppys are a foot long :D, Pulled my 670's and got the new 970 running my surround setup, One of the big reasons I chose these was all the Display ports, I only got 1 card due to the fact that I got one from New Egg and one from Amazon on an Amazon store card. Wasn't flush enough with cash to get both at the Egg with debit card. So I must wait for Amazon to get me the other card. Sweet card this is, I will be playing some Borderlands The Pre-Sequel now to give it a run about,

One of my G1 cards came today, holy crap it's a good thing I got a Corsair 650D case, these puppys are a foot long :D, Pulled my 670's and got the new 970 running my surround setup, One of the big reasons I chose these was all the Display ports, I only got 1 card due to the fact that I got one from New Egg and one from Amazon on an Amazon store card. Wasn't flush enough with cash to get both at the Egg with debit card. So I must wait for Amazon to get me the other card. Sweet card this is, I will be playing some Borderlands The Pre-Sequel now to give it a run about,

It's possible that I had a 980 arrive today... oops?

I'll be posting some other stuff up in my build threads when I have more time.

LOL, Nice

So I been playing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel for the last hour or so and I turned every spec to it's highest and with vsync off my FPS stays at 70 or above, Im pretty darn giddy :D I play on 3 27" at 5760 x 1080, someday I will get up to the big resolutions but really happy right now, Especially with one card ! Also love the way the Windforce logo on the card lights up Blue. LOL

Back