• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Play Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 again with hella crispy textures!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just now need better controller support with the no need to use Xpadder for us part time PC mainly console freaks lol

Just now need better controller support with the no need to use Xpadder for us part time PC mainly console freaks lol

game runs best with mouse and keybo anyways. Anything where you have to physically aim a weapon is best with a mouse. No two ways about it.

Last edited:
Ok I will for sure. Probably be tomorrow afternoon since I'm on duty tonight so ill end up passing out when I get off in the morning. Does it work with other games as well?

game runs best with mouse and keybo anyways. Anything where you have to physically aim a weapon is best with a mouse. No two ways about it.

I just recently finished all three Mass Effects (and all DLC) on the Xbox 360 and I really enjoyed playing it with the controller. I have a 40" TV setup to the right of my computer desk, I'd much rather use a controller and sit head on to the TV in my chair with a controller instead of having to rework the layout of my desk or fumble with trying to use a keyboard and mouse from within the chair, on my lap, stand, whatever.

Its a shame that Mass Effect doesn't officially support a controller on the PC because the 360 controller layout is fantastic. I'd love to see them bring official support for the 360 controller to the trilogy via an update.

I really enjoyed the trilogy but the terrible graphics in ME3 were a turn-off. The 360 seems to be pushed to the limit trying to run that game, the lack of color depth is horrible. I'd love to play through the trilogy again in much higher detail but I want official Xbox 360 controller support, laid out just like it is in the 360 version.

I agree on the controller thing, Bioware has it backwards. Same issue with Dragon Age. I don't want to play console ports with a mouse and keyboard, even if they made a new interface for PC. Let me choose.

I prefer mouse and keybo for any game, except maybe GTA games. It's a much better control scheme. I played ME2 on 360 and it sucks playing with the controller.

Using a gamepad for FPS games is like using Adobe Flash for business applications :p Where in the heck does the linked page mention anything about Mass Effect, though?

Using a gamepad for FPS games is like using Adobe Flash for business applications :p Where in the heck does the linked page mention anything about Mass Effect, though?

It's not supposed to say anything about mass effect. Those are just 3 of the many games that work with this program. Unlike the Nvidia downscaling feature that just goes 4K>1080P this can scale from any resolution to any other resolution so you can use 6K textures if you want to. Really makes old games look better texture wise. Its a program called gedosato and its very simple you just open it, input the settings you want to use, leave it open, run a compatible game, and set the games resolution to 4K, 6K, or whatever you want. The program will downscale to 1080P for you.

Back